worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the boss of the grounds crew tell me"sorry,you can't dig here"....crappola!He was one of those slick talkers saying "You can take it up with the Administrator"...I can see this will lead NOWHERE,someones private interpretation coming out of this one!!

Clad for the last 6 hunts,now on to other areas....sigh,was such a GOOD area...8 Gold and lots of Silver Jewelry

GOD Bless

Chris

Attachments

• K1024_007.JPG
    K1024_007.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 201
Upvote 6

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True experience I had some years back. For some years I was metal detecting a certain local towns parks on and off regular basis. Police would stop talk metal detecting for a few minutes, no problems. This went on for a few years. Then one day some hot shot park administrator was driving by and see me jumps out of his truck yelling saying I am in big trouble. ??? What did I do? No metal detecting he tells me. Up to that point I had never heard that. Then I tell him that I have talk to the park cops plenty of times and they have never said anything about not detecting. Then he say " well they don't know". Strange the people that up hold the rules and laws don't know about metal detecting? Then guy tells me you need "special permission" to detect. Not a permit system open to the public but special permission. Sounded like only people with "special permission" were him and his buddies. He pulled the "NO digging or collecting" card when I asked him exactly why no detecting. Oh well actually was a good thing because it forced me to focus on research and private land. Permissions can be tough but I can say that I have found a lot more neater relics and coins then any of the parks I once frequented.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a bummer. Maybe Mr. "I own the world and you can't play here" will move on to another job shortly.
That is one of the very reasons I like very early Sunday morning as my detecting time, fewer busybodies and playground bullies to contend with.
I guess he wasn't impressed with the trash collection you removed from "his" park. Find out what days he has off and go then.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a bummer. Maybe Mr. "I own the world and you can't play here" will move on to another job shortly.
That is one of the very reasons I like very early Sunday morning as my detecting time, fewer busybodies and playground bullies to contend with.
I guess he wasn't impressed with the trash collection you removed from "his" park. Find out what days he has off and go then.

That is what I intend to do NEXT weekend,the more I ponder what this guy said the more determined I am to out fox the fox.:laughing7:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait for same guy to approach...
When he says "no metal detecting"...
Say "I am with mine removal"... "whatever you do... do not move your left foot"...
"hold very still... Ill be right back".
:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread