Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is one thing to decide to not post pictures of your finds and locations of where you got lucky and another to just stop posting to offer help to anyone that has a problem. I feel I am still learning and hope I never stop learning from someone because I value everyones input, even though some don't know what they are talking about. Overkill was a lot of fun remember? :laughing7:

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I don't think he was fun. I think he is typical of the problems in this country today.

He was given a free pass to agitate folks with stupidity and using some for his own experiments.

Gee! I wonder if that contributed to the decline of this site?

Carry on.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who was this overkill guy ? I do not remember him but I was not here enough then also .
And as to posting photos , well I will be when I have something to post. Right now I do not. :)

But like you guys I have been coming here and reading and learning for quite awhile and this site is great . No other site seems to have as many users that ( Do ) know what they are talking about. And it has very few losers as I call them who are always trying to cut someone down to make them selves look bigger and better. Those types I will take time to rid us of.

surfshark

Apr 8, 2010
SW Fla
Detector(s) used
Garret Seahunter II/Bountyhunter/trident
Met Overkill at the beach brought my backhoe dug a deep hole said climb down and see what you got filled in hole .End of story

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daedalus said:
Who was this overkill guy ? I do not remember him but I was not here enough then also .

Couple of Overkill's serious ideas....

Hunt shallow water at waters edge in a shark cage so your safe from any possible shark attacks.

Build a plexglass box 4x6 ft 5 foot high and pump all the water out so you can hunt the shallow shore water.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ron lord said:
If know one wants to post anymore whats the sents of having this site .If everyone stops posting the people how onw this site will not have a job, and we all know whats that is like, think what you are doing ,making everyone unhappy.Post your pictures but don't say where you found it, this way every body will be Happy!!

Are you drunk? I can barely make out what you are trying to say. I could care less who posts what. The decision to post very expensive finds is up to the finder and thier chosen risk levels. I also don't care about the "people how onw this site". If a site is good, people come and talk. If a site is bad, people go elsewhere. That's the nature of business.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Speel chekers is good two use?

They ar fre.

An nobody talks mor better ringlish then i are.

s

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Hi Ron,

I've been wondering how your wife is doing after her recent illness.I hope all is going well for both of you.

take care

Lorraine

lookielou

Feb 12, 2011
Where I Hang my Hat
live and let live

Attachments

• can-you-read-this.jpg
    can-you-read-this.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,344

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OverkillOverkill was a blast. It's people that call out someones spelling that bother me.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
STOP IT RALPH I barley made it to the head after the last one ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Daedalus said:

Couple of Overkill's serious ideas....

Hunt shallow water at waters edge in a shark cage so your safe from any possible shark attacks.

Build a plexglass box 4x6 ft 5 foot high and pump all the water out so you can hunt the shallow shore water.

Holy %$&#, I can't stop laughing.... :laughing9: :laughing9: too funny

You guys made my day. My wife is mad at me for some reason that I can't figure out.....but at least now I can laugh.....

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorraine, my Wife is doing fine and thanks everyone for caring .

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
ron lord said:
Lorraine, my Wife is doing fine and thanks everyone for caring .

Ron, I'm glad that Kimmie is doing well...you are taking good care of her; please tell her that I send my best wishes to her.

Lorraine

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been very entertaining to read. I don't visit this portion of T-net often, but I have had a good laugh. It is a bit raw to dog a man out who perhaps cannot spell too well though......

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya know what? who cares????? I mean, if you got lucky, or if you spent 37 hours last night looking for loot, all I can say, is Wow.

this isn't like climbing the Matterhorn, or digging coal at 250 ft below sea level, it's a hobby and it seems too many folks are taking this hobby

way too cereal. Face it, if you stand on the beach in Pasco County Florida and start swinging an 8 inch coil over all the sand while walking south

to Miami, you're gonna find something good whether you want to or not. It's not like someone can come in and say "get out of the water, you're

in my spot. :tongue3:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Ron!

Posts are down on a lot of forums right now because of Winter.

I went detecting at Cocoa Beach last week and got rewarded with three pieces of junk and a notice that the county is going to start charging for parking next month.

Just didn't have anything worth posting. :(

But hang in there. Winter is almost over and things are going to pick up again! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread