Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but the infamous pull tab will teach generations to come to dig targets. Even now I enjoy seeing the evolution on the tabs I dig :thumbsup:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
TnMountains said:
Yes but the infamous pull tab will teach generations to come to dig targets. Even now I enjoy seeing the evolution on the tabs I dig :thumbsup:
TnMountains said:
LOL This is true Richard

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think there will ever be a time when pulltabs become rare digs? If so, how many lifetimes will it take?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mts said:
Do you think there will ever be a time when pulltabs become rare digs? If so, how many lifetimes will it take?

There will be a day when you are excited because you have found a new area and the pull tabs are coming out of the ground like gang busters. It will be like virgin soil. If they did not dig out the pull tabs good chance they missed many things. Same with shotgun shells you have to dig them or you might miss a find of a lifetime. Of course they say these new machine will tell you what you are digging and how deep. I borrowed one once and every piece of iron i dug said buckle on the machine. I would shake the iron at it and say look at this, this is not a buckle. It did have a nice bag with a little digger and sand scoop,haha.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even though, how many are still burried out there?? They will always be a problem for many more generations :-\

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I agree they will be out there for generations to come. I still hunt old drive in theaters and there's still old rusty pop bottle caps there. I don't think they'll ever go away.

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
I am old enough and have been in the hobby long enough I can remember a time when the pulltab was a very rare dig.
I also can remember when I used to dig so many Wheat pennies I would get tired of digging them and wander where the silver was. Now days I'm thrilled to find even one or two Wheat pennies in a days hunt.
I don't believe I will live long enough to see the day when the aluminum pull tab will be a rarity again. At least not as long as there are discriminators on detectors that let people walk around them, and I'm a guilty as the next when it comes to that. Rick

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the Pull tab I found on line whils searching for Unique pendants If the were all silver no one would complain about them LOL HH And clear out all of the pull tabs for me!!! I know Im Bad!!!

Attachments

• thumbnailCAAAJRZ5.jpg
    thumbnailCAAAJRZ5.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 189
  • thumbnailCAAAJRZ5.jpg
    thumbnailCAAAJRZ5.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 193

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wellone thing fo sure is that they add up to .65 cents a lb and I don't even clean off the dirt.......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions