MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, :D

I went to dump my half's at another bank. ::) I dropped them off and they gladly accepted them. ;D I wondered if they had any half's themselves so I asked. :icon_scratch: They said they had 6 rolls, long story short I took them. :o I looked at them on the way home and noticed a name and phone number on them. :-\ I thought great I got someones dump... :( These have been searched and I'll never find anything. :( Well I searched them when I got home and near the last roll. I found a 1969 Silver Half :thumbsup: only 40% but I'll take it I think he skipped it somehow. ;D

Here are some pictures,

Keep @ it and HH!!

Attachments

• bank09 001.jpg
    bank09 001.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 353
  • bank09 002.jpg
    bank09 002.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 361
Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
noticed a name and phone number on them

Think you call and let him know so you can return it to him. Then you can start a new thread in honorable mention.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was deposited at a bank as legal tender. You do not call this person to return it.

if you do it I will have to stand in front of the bank where I get the halves with a sign,
" ALL OF YOU THAT THINK YOU HAVE DEPOSITED SILVER HALVES at this bank COME TO ME.
I HAVE THE COINS AND I WILL Return them TO YOU"

funny

Darth Walker

S

seger98

There are still banks out there that require a name & number on the rolls brought in, whoever brought them in may very well not be a CRH at all! Just a normal customer.

Chris

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
seger98 said:
There are still banks out there that require a name & number on the rolls brought in, whoever brought them in may very well not be a CRH at all! Just a normal customer.

Chris

Ditto Chris , I get alot of handrolls with the person's name and number , Ed

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
This happens all the time. That is why it never hurts to check the dumps.

Golden Silver

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i have found a few in someone else's dumps before too, usually the rims were so dirty that it was just overlooked when someone edge searched....i wanted to expand a bit on the original thought...no roll is ever hunted out...well i guess that could be true, but you would have to be hunting alot more than silver.....guess you would have to check for dates, proofs, commemns, errors, and nifc coins. seems like that would take a long time, guess you would have to cut quantity, and that to me would cut into silver finds....just a thought

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought people would show more intrest and enjoyment in the term "No roll is ever Searched out" because it is a common saying in Metal Detecting "No Site is ever searched out."

Keep @ it and HH!!

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
yea mud i md too and i have heard that phrase many times. i tried to think about it and apply it to coin roll hunting and i think one would have to be hunting for other things along with silver for a roll to be never searched out...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread