No silver today, but always something new at silver farm

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I continued searching around a cottage that poured out silver last week, but it may be cleaned out. I managed about a buck and a half in clad and this large (silver dollar sized) medallion honoring veterans. It has a copyright date of 1978 on it; maybe someone out there can identify it for us. The day wasn't without its excitement; little boy halfdime was stung by his first yellow jacket :'(. I consoled him with the news that even the greats, like KirkPA, get stung once in a while ;D.

Attachments

• vetcoin (2).jpg
    vetcoin (2).jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 218
  • vetcoin3 (2).jpg
    vetcoin3 (2).jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
halfdime said:
I continued searching around a cottage that poured out silver last week, but it may be cleaned out. I managed about a buck and a half in clad and this large (silver dollar sized) medallion honoring veterans. It has a copyright date of 1978 on it; maybe someone out there can identify it for us. The day wasn't without its excitement; little boy halfdime was stung by his first yellow jacket :'(. I consoled him with the news that even the greats, like KirkPA, get stung once in a while ;D.

Tell him to keep his toughness on the high. KirkPA did it for the yella jacket stings and the vicious dog bite. ;) :D

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great medallion. Nice find halfdime. Thats better than a plain old silver dime any day.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
That is one heck of a consolation Henry...Now the poor boy is scarred for life... ;D

Nick

:D :D ;D Ditto! ;D :D :D

Neat find! Congrats! Nana

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread