Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Location and research are some of the keys to finding silver. Try to find older homes built in the 40s and gain permission to hunt the yards. If you are going to schools and parks that have a lot of competition, that reduces your chances if finding silver. Coins on edge can give a jumpy reading, so to increase your silver chances, dig those jumpy signals.

Keep digging and change locations- the silver will come before you know it!

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna have to agree research is key u got a machine thats more then capable by far & when u roll over that silver ill know it

paul of Penna

Feb 1, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado umax
Garrett AT PRO
Vibrapaobe Pinpointer
Whites Classic III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had my AT PRO for about a month as well. I took it to a worked out park the first weekend I had it, and with the stock coil I was able to eek out 1 silver quarter, and a sterling hair berette thingy.....I dug alot of iffy signals before finding out that the vast majority of the iffy signals were iffy for one reason (junk). The pro locks on to silver and copper coins real good for me, and I am beginning to "trust" its language. If a target is marginal depthwasi I suppose you may get a iffy signal, but the coins I found were inside 7" deep.
This Saturday I went to check out a spot where a map said there use to be a building in the 1800's well there is no sign of a building, but someone must have liked to camp there because I found a standing lib quarter, and 3 buffalo nickels, then acroww the path in a flat spot between trees I got a merc and another buffalo......the at pro is starting to please me!
Good luck with yours......it is a good machine I believe, you just have to run over the silver ground!
Paul of Penna

OP
OP
DangerDude

DangerDude

Apr 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, BH IV, Fisher F2 and Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do plenty of research and have found silver with my 250 and F2 this year. I hunted a house built in the mid 1800's and a 1920's today and I had no silver. You would think there would be at least a merc or something. I found a bunch of wheaties, a kids junior G man badge and junior sheriffs badge. I guess I just have to give it some time.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had my atp for a year now and I have yet to find any silver. Since Aug of last year I have found over $400 in clad between my Ace 250 and ATP and only 5 wheaties but no silver.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find lots of silver with my ATP, it's a silver magnet. Now I usually hunt for old silver, 1800s and older so if you want old silver then here is my strategy; look for the older farm fields, they would have been smaller and closer to the old roads then newer fields. Prior to farmers having all the gear they have now like trackers, herbicides and pestacides, farmers and their farm hands had to work in the fields almost everyday so if the field is 200-300 years old then it most likely will hold some silver and for sure old coppers. If you are hunting for newer silver and are going to all the same places everyone else is like schools, parks and sports fields you will likely dig alot of clad and all the silver that is still in the ground will be hard to find and masked by junk. Try knocking on doors around your neighbourhood, don't be shy most people are very nice and the rest... well they are A holes so don't let them get you down. Do a good job of digging and refilling and don't forget to smile and be friendly yourself, even if the answere is no.
The silver is out there and the ATP will find it, no problem.
HH
ZDD

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug 1.65 since June, depends on locations even heavily hunted areas will produce good finds, a good time to hunt is after a good rain.
100_0585.JPG

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION..

I do the best finding silver by door knocking at older homes. Usually less trash too! ;)

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I've had my ATP about a month now and still no silver !! I know it has to be there to find it but it just seems like I can't. If anyone has had the same problem or any tips for me please chime in.

Be patient. It took me a while too but it will come. As Bart says, it's all about location. If there's no silver in the area you're detecting, your detector cant find it. :)

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug silver with my AT PRO without a problem. I have a thing though, I need to find a Merc dime... that is the only one that has eluded me. I will find one, all in due time; it's comin' I'm sure.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug silver with my AT PRO without a problem. I have a thing though, I need to find a Merc dime... that is the only one that has eluded me. I will find one, all in due time; it's comin' I'm sure.

Not if I find it first! Long time, no see. Hope you're getting all those I am missing, lol.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dude, your message nails it... trust me; I lived life; I'm broke. LOL!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do plenty of research and have found silver with my 250 and F2 this year. I hunted a house built in the mid 1800's and a 1920's today and I had no silver. You would think there would be at least a merc or something. I found a bunch of wheaties, a kids junior G man badge and junior sheriffs badge. I guess I just have to give it some time.
I was a Junior G Man once------------------years ago!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread