No so bad!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped at the bank today and had to get some change. Asked the girl she had any old coins 1970 or before half-dollars. Or 1964 coins and she said no because her husband collects them. Then her husband came out from the bank vault and says oh it's okay honey you can sell them those I have enough!! image-1260055075.jpg Nothing major by any means but worth the dollar investment!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess! I'd do that deal all day long!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got lucky! Never ask for older halves though. Just ask for half dollars. Keeps from tipping them off and taking it for themselves!
HH
enamel7

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know anyone who "has enough" silver

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ask for halves- no dates/yrs unless the teller is a friend- you got lucky

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ask for halves- no dates/yrs unless the teller is a friend- you got lucky ------------------------------------- just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

I should have because I think she missed one. It looked like the 64. But I bet she likes them too, can't be too upset, I'm glad they can share!! She said to stop back, but it's way out of my way.. Had a call to come check out some old lures and a nice buck knife. Just happened to stop in as I needed to break a $20. I was looking to spend no more then $50 but she accepted my offer of $25. Old wooden ones.

CoinHuntingDrew

Dec 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got lucky! Never ask for older halves though. Just ask for half dollars. Keeps from tipping them off and taking it for themselves! HH enamel7
. Walking into the bank be like " Got any 1909 s VDB's???"

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did see a post here by someone who asked a bank if they had any silver coins and walked out with some silver halves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread