no sound in head phones

UNC_

Mar 21, 2009
central mo
Detector(s) used
whites prizm V, ace 250
i just got a ace 250 and today was 1st day i was able to get out and play with it my problem is when i plug the head phones in i have no sound at all ... i unplug them and it beeps up a storm when over metal ... at first i was t hink ing it was the head phones but after trying th em in my prizm 5 they work fine i dunno what to think is the head phone jack bad maybe ?

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
call Garrett

Jan 9, 2015
Scotland
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either the headphones have a broken wire/dry solder joint, or the jack in the detector has one.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before you send the detector back to Garrett, clean the headphone jack with alcohol on a Q-Tip.

OP
OP
U

UNC_

Mar 21, 2009
central mo
Detector(s) used
whites prizm V, ace 250
thanks for the info have called both kellyco and am on phone with garrett now

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't know if this will help but I had s similar issue with the stock TreasureSound headphones that came with my 250. They worked great for a month then suddenly stopped working while I was out hunting. I was in some bushy areas and may have snagged the cord a couple of times but nothing that would cause damage in my opinion. Bought the Master Sound headphones with the correct jack and have had no problems since. I think the stock phones are just made cheaply like old school "walkman" headphones were back in the 80's and not meant to last long. Good luck!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
U

UNC_

Mar 21, 2009
central mo
Detector(s) used
whites prizm V, ace 250
yea problem solved but will be getting a set of garrett headphones too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread