No such luck.

kad27

Apr 24, 2008
Dekalb County, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I was at a camp grounds in Ingleside, IL over the weekend. Found out that the place has been there since 1921. Started out with a lot of boys only on the camp, but over time it's used for all different people and groups for camping trips. There's about 270 acres of land (I think that's what she said) and about another 70 acres of water. The Fish Lake Beach is on it's property. I had my detector and brand new batteries all ready to go. But then I went and did the right thing. I asked for permission to hunt on the property and was turned down. She said they've had other people ask before, but they haven't allowed it. If they did and someone found something the question becomes who gets to keep it? The person who worked to dig it or the people who own the property. I personally voted for myself but oh well. I'll keep searching. :'(

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yeah, I've asked three times now to poke the grounds at Santa's Village, three strikes. I see the former Dunkin Donuts at the corner has been razed. A sign there is promoting the consruction of a strip mall. Arghh.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
I feel your pain, brother. I was turned down for two locations this weekend. Sometimes the excuses don't make a whole lot of sense, but you gotta live with it. However, I was able to hit two old properties and did pretty well, so, in the end, you'll always get yours somehow.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread