No way

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever went out to metal detect and was stopped by another event ? On my way to a site and i saw an old man on the ground not moving. I went up to him but he was none responsive. Called 911 and felt his chest. He was in and out and i got real nervous. Ok i aint a paramedic but i breathed into his mouth and listened to his chest. He came too but still out of it. Paramedics got there and could not figure out what was wrong. They took him away and it started raining so i went home. I love MDING but sometimes there are more important things. Thanks for listening. 8-)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Good man!

Saving a life versus small pleasures. You'll detect again, and he'll breathe for another day.

Thank you from all of us!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you and you did everything you could to help him. Proud of what you did!

UrbanProspector

Greenie
Mar 13, 2016
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's awesome!!! I hope the 9-1-1 dispatcher was able to walk you through CPR!!! I am a 911 Dispatcher and let me tell you, that is the most stressful type of call to get when you are working medical dispatch!

Great job!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well done

did you check for a coin spill?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for helping that person, not everyone will. My "events" have been much more mundane than what you encountered, stuff like forgetting my detector, forgetting my digger or sandscoop or pinpointer, dead batteries in the detector and no spare, soles of my shoes falling off, phonecall saying my burglar alarm was going off, phonecall that my son was in an accident, phone call that my mom was sick and needed a ride to the doctor, hunting site was hosting a huge event and too many people there, good site turns out to be a homeless camp and Of course unexpected squalls and tornadoes. Probably more of I think about it.

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I've a change in America since 911. People are much more apt to get involved. I'm glad your one of those people.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Sir hats off to you.

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In the big picture of the world's population it is actually a very small "fraternity" of people throughout the world that literally saves someones life. I think it's safe to say you have now joined that group. It's an accomplishment you can be deservedly proud of. You recognized someone needed help, acted to provide that help and now another person is still around to enjoy life's pleasures. Well done!!!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have taken CPR courses twice.
Even with that training, , trying to revive someone who is not responsive,, is very stressful.
Thanks for stopping and trying to help.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job aa! Way to go!!!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job on doing the right thing. I hope you have a record silver day on your next trip out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread