No Wonder Our Club Token Was So Hard To Find!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a proud member of the 417 Relic Hunters Club, based out of Springfield, Missouri. We have a large, brass club token that gets buried in parks around the metropolitan area. This beast has been eluding myself and other club members for a year now, hiding in plain sight. Now I know why.

Randy, the last member to discover and then re-hide the token, deviously chose a little knoll that was loaded with large, rectangular copper pieces (trash)...I wonder if he knew that when he buried the token? :icon_scratch: The copper pieces gave off basically the same signal as the big token.

None the less, my battle-weary and sweat-stained ATPro locked on to the token lying among the decoys! So now it is my turn to hide it in one of our many parks for the next die-hard digger to find. Thanks for looking, Sub 8-)

Attachments

• clubtoken.JPG
    clubtoken.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 93
Upvote 5

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a pretty cool idea, Sub. I hope only your members find it so a nonmember doesn't throw it away as trash. Carry on the tradition.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat little game you guys got going on with that thing :metaldetector:

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a pretty cool idea, Sub. I hope only your members find it so a nonmember doesn't throw it away as trash. Carry on the tradition.

Thanks Old Dude, The reverse of the token has a phone number for non-members to call and return it if they should find it. Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)
tokenback.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread