NOAA now in treasure hunting business

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had any doubts about whether NOAA is in the shipwreck business rethink your thoughts. NOAA just tried to stop RMS Titanic Inc from recovering the telegraph from the Titanic, even going as far as arguing in court against the recovery. NOAA has no business to even being involved in the litigation. RMS Titanic Inc is salvor in possession. Like I said before RMS T would rue the day they let James Delgado go down to the T in a submersible. Also now James Delgado and his desk jockeys have coerced the Commerce Dept or NOAA to fund them with $94 Million to start up SEARCH Inc. This is very dangerous territory for those of us in the legitimate shipwreck business. Thankfully there is a judge who can see through the BS. Don't get me started!!

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOAA just tried to stop RMS Titanic Inc from recovering the telegraph from the Titanic.....

WOW just wow. Oh, you can trust your government.

The wording is very interesting. "NOAA" is an entity. So basically a person(s) employed by citizens of the United States of America is having a hissy fit that the actual salvor in possession of Titanic is performing their legal rights and they just don't like it!

Why are my tax dollars being wasted on such a thing?
Where are the Government watchdog groups?

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU Dreamers... the Gov watchdog groups are standing in line with their hands out right behind the gov...

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I can't get over the arrogance of U.S. courts ruling over international waters. Royal Mail ships were contracted by the British mail. No one should be able to rule over int'l waters, but if anyone should rule over the RMS Titanic's remains, it should be the Brits.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
If you had any doubts about whether NOAA is in the shipwreck business rethink your thoughts. NOAA just tried to stop RMS Titanic Inc from recovering the telegraph from the Titanic, even going as far as arguing in court against the recovery. NOAA has no business to even being involved in the litigation. RMS Titanic Inc is salvor in possession. Like I said before RMS T would rue the day they let James Delgado go down to the T in a submersible. Also now James Delgado and his desk jockeys have coerced the Commerce Dept or NOAA to fund them with $94 Million to start up SEARCH Inc. This is very dangerous territory for those of us in the legitimate shipwreck business. Thankfully there is a judge who can see through the BS. Don't get me started!!

Look, the new legitimate harvesting of discovered treasure doesn't lie in salvaging shipwrecks that have already been universally claimed by entities unendingly financed by state recources.
Basically most nations have universally laid claim to anything physically valuable that has yet to be found and or discovered. Purposely searching for lost items particularly historic or precious has basically been universally criminalized.

Treasure hunting has gone digital.
No one gives a crap about the titanics telegraph. Its value now lies in its continuing story and that of those who have and will be chosen to tell and retell it.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you know why I never been in treasure hunting business pertaining to shipwrecks. For those who are, good hunting and good luck.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
94 million you say......hmmmm.....at there current levels of spending that should last those idiots about a week !! They'll spend 90 million on underwater environmental assessments (snorkeling) then they'll have 4 million to blow on paid vacation dives down here in the keys....haaa ha ha !! Gov. dollars never get spent right and NOAA projects are never really ever completed they just keep revisiting the same crap over and over and over. I dont see any NOAA center that's open to the public for us conchs to see any of the so called progress on our cultural heritage. It would be alot more helpful if they got off there arse and dealt with some oceanographic and atmospheric issues here in the keys. Like maybe cleaning the billions of tons of trash in the mangroves here. I make more of a difference cleaning trash up from the ocean floor when diving in the lease box then they ever do screaming around in there speed boats burning up our tax dollars !! The fact is they have mismanaged our marine sanctuary and should be fired as the custodians of our marine sanctuary....the near shore water quality issues have never been addressed as was promised us...and there are some solutions that even us locals know can help this problem. Do your f***ing jobs you arses and get the air and water problems worked out and fixed.....leave the treasure and cultural heritage to others.....take the 94 million and work on the algae blooms in the everglades national park that have got worse each year !! You know NOAA...the black water with no life for miles that's directly related to the army corp of engineers canal systems in the everglades. The same canals that dump all the fertilizer filled run off from the BIG SUGAR cane fields directly into our Florida bay every rainy season. Get to work you dummies....
That's the important problem that we as your employers (the people) would much rather you work on !!

Oh wow...my blood pressure is up, my face is red, and I think I accidentally spit on my computer screen....rant over !! Enjoy the long weekend folks...and let's remember those that served and died for our freedoms !!

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
94 million you say......hmmmm.....at there current levels of spending that should last those idiots about a week !! They'll spend 90 million on underwater environmental assessments (snorkeling) then they'll have 4 million to blow on paid vacation dives down here in the keys....haaa ha ha !! Gov. dollars never get spent right and NOAA projects are never really ever completed they just keep revisiting the same crap over and over and over. I dont see any NOAA center that's open to the public for us conchs to see any of the so called progress on our cultural heritage. It would be alot more helpful if they got off there arse and dealt with some oceanographic and atmospheric issues here in the keys. Like maybe cleaning the billions of tons of trash in the mangroves here. I make more of a difference cleaning trash up from the ocean floor when diving in the lease box then they ever do screaming around in there speed boats burning up our tax dollars !! The fact is they have mismanaged our marine sanctuary and should be fired as the custodians of our marine sanctuary....the near shore water quality issues have never been addressed as was promised us...and there are some solutions that even us locals know can help this problem. Do your f***ing jobs you arses and get the air and water problems worked out and fixed.....leave the treasure and cultural heritage to others.....take the 94 million and work on the algae blooms in the everglades national park that have got worse each year !! You know NOAA...the black water with no life for miles that's directly related to the army corp of engineers canal systems in the everglades. The same canals that dump all the fertilizer filled run off from the BIG SUGAR cane fields directly into our Florida bay every rainy season. Get to work you dummies....
That's the important problem that we as your employers (the people) would much rather you work on !!

Oh wow...my blood pressure is up, my face is red, and I think I accidentally spit on my computer screen....rant over !! Enjoy the long weekend folks...and let's remember those that served and died for our freedoms !!

But the fishing off Key West is just fine................

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why yes....yes it is el padron. I've been commercial and tournament fishing all my life. I've played by all the rules put down before me by all the federal, state, and local authorities that could make a law. I also treasure dive with a group that owns a preexisting admiralty claim from before the park !! We are currently working in 2 lease boxes and NOAA has tried to make it as hard as they can for us with never ending permit requirements and constant changes in policy to try and break us. Just like they tried to do with fishing. So I'm trying to say that NOAA needs to stick to oceanographic and atmospheric issues not cultural heritage ones. I have no complaints about fishing we've already fought many battles in the fishing world and will continue to fight and lobby for our rights as we need too. Were a multi generational family owned fishing business for over 35 years. We have been successful and a top producer in more than one type of commercial fishing. Were one of the last and most productive federally permitted longline shark fishing boats in the U.S. I actively participate and compete in many tournaments also. Sailfish, marlin, kingfish, mahi etc. When I'm not fishing I'm spearfishing , freediving shells, or hog dogging with handlines. Trust me man fishing is fine !! The people *****ing are the ones who get out once every 3 months for some grunt fishing and cant catch there own arse with a handful of treble hooks !! Noaa is a custodian of our sanctuary....we need to replace them with a locally run management system composed of locals that have spent a lifetime working out here on the water. Not some desk jockey from chicago who has never worked or lived in the keys but absolutely knows what's best for our community.....HAAA HAAA !!

P.S. this record was broken 3 days later with 76 by another boat....I couldn't find that video but it's out there.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's always someone from out of town that knows the ocean and fishing conditions in my backyard better than me......it always amazes me when a person who vacations here for a week once every 3 years needs to tell me the fisherman how the condition of our fisheries are HAAAA HA !! It could even be better if NOAA concentrated on there main priorities and stayed out of the treasure business !!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/my-favorites/559971-fish-pics-everybody.html

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks fantastic Bart! Havent ever seen anywhere near that kind of action!

Water is already real warm this year...way to early for a 28.3 water temp.

never seen so many Tigers out and close... even the 1 m ones are trying to taste you...

be careful down there...

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello Bart. I have been spearfishing all over FL for over 30 years. St. Pete, Clearwater, Key West, etc. I usually put my catch on a stringer instead of surfacing every time I spear one. I had sharks come after my stringer but I just poke them with my spear gun and they will back off. Sharks are cowards and will not fight for their meal. Did you ever encounter that?

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't get over the arrogance of U.S. courts ruling over international waters. Royal Mail ships were contracted by the British mail. No one should be able to rule over int'l waters, but if anyone should rule over the RMS Titanic's remains, it should be the Brits.

Well, exactly....

As we have seen, there is flagrant abuse of Admiralty Law with shipwrecks by a few publicly trading treasure hunting companies...especially under Law of Salvage...but also under the Law of Finds...

No aid is necessary for a vessel that sank years ago...all of the BS excuses, such as danger from trawling have existed for 100's of years, yet, it is still there.

Several shipwrecks in the Med brought to Florida Courts...by BS "in rem" filings under the Law of Salvage.

The Law of Finds is also misappropriated claiming vast areas of the ocean bottom. The Law of Finds is what you have found, not an area of the Ocean bottom where one lays claim to what "may" be found. Under the Law of Finds, you claim what you have in possession, ie physically recovered...NOT what you may find claiming a vast area of Ocean bottom. Its very simple, I found this, and ask for a claim under finds...you do NOT get to claim what you have not brought to the Court to adjudicate! SIMPLE!

On shipwrecks, for the Courts....It should be the Country of origin of the vessel, or Country of ownership of the company that owns the vessel. That is where you file a claim. The Law of Finds or the Law of Salvage is a claim against the owner....using the finds as the basis....

There is significant case law, under the Law of Finds, where a salvor has claimed a wreck site, and a 5 nm radius about a point, yet the Appellate Court has denied the claim, and only given the salvor what was recovered ...

In reality, this is why little attention is given to an claim under the Law of Finds, nor an Admiralty claim.

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Bart. I have been spearfishing all over FL for over 30 years. St. Pete, Clearwater, Key West, etc. I usually put my catch on a stringer instead of surfacing every time I spear one. I had sharks come after my stringer but I just poke them with my spear gun and they will back off. Sharks are cowards and will not fight for their meal. Did you ever encounter that?

The one that ate that young man off the coast of Santa Cruz two weeks ago begged to differ.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I didn't hear about that. Can you post a link to the article?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dont wrestle with this guy salvor....every fish goes straight to the boat after shooting. If I lose a fish that unretriveable in the coral...well it's time to move because the man In the grey suit will be there soon enough. This size shark will kill you if he takes a taste. This one was just inside the 1733 wreck "chavez". About 5 feet of water on the way from the islamorada sand bar to hog heaven restuarant by boat. If a hammerhead this size wants your fish....GIVE IT TO HIM !! Pretty large tarpon he ate there !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread