Nocturnal

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After parking my truck around 11pm I started packing up my MD gear from this morning all the while looking at the strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street couldn’t resist started swinging just to see what it was like at nighttime couldn’t see ID so just dug a plug opened a hole and found clad quarter and that got me thinking about hunting at night all I needed was a headlamp which I have and I would of been good to go.With that being said would like to ask hear from anyone who hunts at night and what finds you had.Would of posted picture of said quarter but can’t find it at the moment

Upvote 0

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I regularly hunt at night, and I have found so much at night that I couldn't even begin to list it all. Head lamp is not necessary, but is useful at times.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At the right locations night hunting is fun. Beach is perfect and preferred over daytime. Parks and sport fields are a bit tricky with open hours and people questioning your intentions. Have fun!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night hunting is awesome...I have a few of those headlamps you strap onto your melon, my Max is back lit...it's nice and cool and I only hunt private permissions where I won't be bothered, questioned or accosted. Grab a little headlamp, they're cheap and have some fun! Ddf.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night hunting is awesome...I have a few of those headlamps you strap onto your melon, my Max is back lit...it's nice and cool and I only hunt private permissions where I won't be bothered, questioned or accosted. Grab a little headlamp, they're cheap and have some fun! Ddf.

yeah back lit is where it's at, but I only use it on funny signals that I am evaluating. Otherwise thats how you stay pretty night blind, and if your like me you almost fall in a old well where nobody would ever find you. I still thank whatever kind sole that wedged a sizable rock in there sometime in the past, they literally saved my life and are probably long dead themselves. My profile pic is of that well taken beside the rock pinched in about a foot down. its around 20 feet.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think I'll wait awhile. Here where I stays we have way to many things crawling during the day and even more at night. I've run over 3 snakes this year in my yard during my yard boy jobs. I'm sure it a bunch of fun though. Good luck.

OP
OP
C

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everyone who replied dirtdigginfools concerns are the same I have and could really do without being questioned as I had that situation last Saturday morning but may give it a go tonight if I can think of site to hunt and not have any incidents

OP
OP
C

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nighttime hunt was somewhat successful and would’ve stayed out longer but due to getting Tore-up from the Floor-up by mosquitoes I couldn’t take it anymore but here is what I found View attachment 1634358 this photo is after a light rinsing. The rectangle has a reversed raised name on and maybe other text I think the curved piece maybe part of a ornamental horseshoe as it also has some sort of engraved design

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread