Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heya everyone;

This video is a little old because I have been having issues with my DSL but it started uploading successfully again so I went on a bit of an upload spree. :)

In this video I am detecting by Keswick just west of Redding.
I found a little wash that I decided to detect, to the left was the ruins of some small wooden building.

I found lots of tiny bits of copper all around this area and one large chunk that came in at 145 grams.

I have only detected a small portion but this ground is alive with targets all across the VDI so I am guessing that it hasn't been detected before.
I also have the slight problem with power lines just a couple hundred feet from me that cause a little bit of background noise, but the FORS Gold handles it pretty well.

Settings were in Boost with Sensitivity set to 85.

I have a feeling that there will be gold here but most likely gold that was dropped by prospectors and laborers.
I need to bring CaliforniaGold out with me so we can clean this spot up a little quicker. :D

Upvote 0

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the video Neo, i've detected for copper afew times up here in scott valley. I never hit any but i found some with my eyes when without detector afew years ago. We have a few mines that were mining copper primarily with gold secondary. love the azurite and malachite found around the copper mines.
happy days - happy hunting
AjR

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've see copper up there. If you go up by Ingot East of Redding there is the ruins of that old copper smelting town - history behind that is pretty cool check it out if you haven't.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, I am glad that you guys enjoyed my video.
Its a little on the long side because I forgot my RS pinpointer which would have sped things up nicely. :D

I have not seen any azurite or malachite up there yet, but it shouldn't be hard to spot those colorfull guys against this red earth.

Woody I am familiar with Ingot, I have not poked around up there though as a lot is private property and the water is messed up from the mines.

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you want me to go with you and be a copper miner. lol i found plenty of my own, years ago out that way.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There might be gold. :D

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you have to really watch out that way, cause ive found gold mixed in copper areas or right next to copper areas. and some of the golds impurities gives it a kinda coppery color minus the green stuff.

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, I try to keep an eye for those. I keep it all.
I even bring home the chunks of airy iron ore to crush and pan.
I have a large 1lb junk of one right now I have to crush up. :D

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh btw, this spot is just right around the corner from where ya told me to hit, I am sure that you know exactly where it is. :D
I had always wanted to hit this area because of all the mineralization.

darmentle

Jul 7, 2014
Redding
Detector(s) used
ForsGold+ ,Garrett AT Pro,Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yea the one in Ingot is a copper mine there used to be a big smelter and tram there also till shut it down. probably cross the river there in the summer time when there is less water.

afterthought_mine_buildings_and_smelter_2.110220020.jpg

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love seeing old photos of mining ops around here, we get to see what it looked like back then. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread