Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heya everyone;

I received my Nokta FORs Gold Pro Package last week but thanks to a nasty cold I didn't do the unboxing until yesterday.
I wanted to be able to speak clearly in my video which is why I waited, I also resisted the urge to open it up beforehand. :)

My video is an unboxing video which is very popular in the electronic gizmo world but is not done too much with prospecting equipment, so I decided to start doing that with all the new gear that I buy.

I also received the RS Pinpointer but it does NOT come in the Pro Package, it was shipped inside to save in shipping costs and this may not be a typical shipping method if you purchase the two together.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

I will have more video's coming up of the FORs Gold and the RS Pinpointer.

Thanks. :)

Upvote 0

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heya everyone; I received my Nokta FORs Gold Pro Package last week but thanks to a nasty cold I didn't do the unboxing until yesterday. I wanted to be able to speak clearly in my video which is why I waited, I also resisted the urge to open it up beforehand. :) My video is an unboxing video which is very popular in the electronic gizmo world but is not done too much with prospecting equipment, so I decided to start doing that with all the new gear that I buy. I also received the RS Pinpointer but it does NOT come in the Pro Package, it was shipped inside to save in shipping costs and this may not be a typical shipping method if you purchase the two together. If you have any questions feel free to ask. :) I will have more video's coming up of the FORs Gold and the RS Pinpointer. Thanks. :) YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6lNYYQ-bM

Enjoy the vid, much thanks

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm glad that you enjoyed it. :)

Its a little on the long side coming in at just over 10 minutes, I will be making a shorter version.
But at least with the long video it doesn't fly by too quickly and you can get a good look at everything. :)

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I forgot to mention that this was taken with a GoPro Hero 3 Silver edition on 1080p @ 60fps for those who might be wondering about picking up a GoPro.
The file came in at 1gb after being converted in GoPro studio for YouTube.

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait to see how it performs brother. Do a depth test on a teeny piece of lead! :)

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm gonna order the GMT tomorrow... Wish I could do a side by side

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heh, I don't need to use lead, I have GOLD! LoL
I'm an underwater sniper so I have a lot of different shapes and weights to test, even some friends with multi ounce lunkers to try it on. :)
I would give the FORs Gold another look before buying the GMT, the FORs Gold IS the VLF Machine to have right now!

If you live near Redding California I can let you try it out, just send me a message, I am free this weekend except for 4:30pm up on Saturday, I am going to a MMA fight at Win River with a friend at that time.
In fact if anyone lives up here and is interested in buying the FORs Gold, I don't mind showing off the machine and letting you swing it around. :)

Lets just say that I am happier with this machine than I ever was with my Gold Bug Pro or my current Gold bug 2.
Now don't take that the wrong way either, both of those Fisher Machines are exceptional gold nugget hunters too.

ArmChair please feel free to chime in on this thread after you get your FORs Gold too.
By the way, did you order the standard package or the Pro package?

Last edited:
OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang, well if you ever come up this way just send me a PM. :)

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, its on Amazon through KellyCo. It seems that you have to go through KellyCo's website to get the BoGo offer though right now.
I am pretty sure that KellyCo is the only place that you can purchase the FORs Gold in the US right now.

I thought my local mining shop was selling them a while back, but I made a mistake.
A customer had brought his FORs Gold in for them to check out.

Hopefully soon there will be dealers all over the US. :)

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on your purchase! yet again.

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just took the plunge and ordered the GMT and 4x6 coil; with shipping, the GMT, extra coil and coil covers = $880ish

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my MXT but I know it's missin those bread and butter pieces. It's frustrating as hell going out and not finding anything all day. At least with the GMT I'll find flakes to keep my morale up lol

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats on your purchase, it would be interesting to see a comparo-test between the two.
If you ever come up this way get ahold of me. :)

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay man :) I actually go up by auburn every weekend for prospecting. Maybe I'll have to try up by you sometime!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i will be watching for the video of your Fors hunt ….. Hope it goes well ...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am free this weekend except for 4:30pm up on Saturday, I am going
to a MMA fight at Win River with a friend at that time.

I just knew I wasn't the only MMA fan around...:occasion14:

Got my own sights set on a FORS Gold Pro Package. Gonna
take a bit to save up, but it'll be well worth the wait. Haven't
heard of any others in that price range that are comparable
in performance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread