Nome dredgers

jekyl

Aug 24, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just found TreasureNet and am interested in wether anyone would like to partner up to move to Nome. I'm retired and been planning a new career dredging in Nome. I've spent years researching, planning and resourcing but could use some help to pull it off. I've been dredging (as a hobby) for decades. Now it's time to get serious. Lots of big plans but let's face it, nobody can go it alone.

AK_Au_Diver

Nov 21, 2013
Nome, AK
Detector(s) used
My Eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I seem to be the main offshore Nome expert on here; a few others come on from time to time. I'd be happy to answer your questions, and get you pointed in the right direction and away from the known bad players. Unless you have 3 or 4 million to play with, I'm not available to team up with.

Some basic questions:

What is your goal, what is your definition of success? A fun hobby where you can maybe cover expenses and make a little extra, or to become an offshore mining mogul, or somewhere in between?

How much money do you want to spend? Can you afford to lose all of it? Most people don't make enough to cover fuel their first year. I want to make sure you don't end up in line at the food bank, as some of the others have. I've seen many fortunes wasted on gold mining offshore Nome, some could afford the hit, others could not.

Who are you hoping to do this with?

River dredging is a good background for offshore dredging, but there are many differences that I've seen people making the transition overlook.

Do you have any specifics in mind, based on your research so far?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread