Non motion?, Pinpoint tracking and Pinpoint lock?, All metal Pinpoint? CTX 3030

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been reading stories about people suing non motion, pinpoint tracking and pinpoint lock to find coins deep and mixed in within a lot of trash when using the ctx 3030. I think i recal seing the pinpoint lock and pinpoint tracking the other day in the menu but what is the non motion. Also i read to use the all metal pinpoint mode. Am i missing an area of my settings?

If someone might be able to shed some light on these subjects it would be great lol.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depress the Detect button for 3 seconds. Up comes a screen for Target Trace and Target Trace Pinpoint. Check both. Go to the user section(all the way to the top and all the way to the right). Scroll down and check the Pinpoint Lock box. Now....and I don't know for sure if you have to choose Ferrous Coin as your separation choice) when you pull and hold the Pinpoint button you can "build" targets on the screen,the targets,if multiple,will become more apparent on the screen the more you rapidly sweep in very short sweeps over the area. As long as you know where crap hits and where the 12 line is,you can see at least that there are multiple targets. It's not foolproof,nothing is except death and taxes. But,it's a good indicator there might be something good down there.
I probably botched this whole post and will be corrected shortly.

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depress the Detect button for 3 seconds. Up comes a screen for Target Trace and Target Trace Pinpoint. Check both. Go to the user section(all the way to the top and all the way to the right). Scroll down and check the Pinpoint Lock box. Now....and I don't know for sure if you have to choose Ferrous Coin as your separation choice) when you pull and hold the Pinpoint button you can "build" targets on the screen,the targets,if multiple,will become more apparent on the screen the more you rapidly sweep in very short sweeps over the area. As long as you know where crap hits and where the 12 line is,you can see at least that there are multiple targets. It's not foolproof,nothing is except death and taxes. But,it's a good indicator there might be something good down there.
I probably botched this whole post and will be corrected shortly.

Thank you very much for this. Just what i was looking for. Ill give it a shot this weekend..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread