Metal Detecting

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 20151003_152803.jpg
    20151003_152803.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
Since you've already I.D.'d it, and nobody is going to know who dropped it, just what are you looking to find out? :icon_scratch:

Would this be something you would hold on to?

Probably dropped by a "Zonian" (an American who once lived in the former Panama Canal Zone), since a lot of them came from Texas and the Southern States.

Would this be something you would hold on to?

I an utterly confused....

You found it metal detecting....right? Why would you not keep it?
It is over 75% silver, certainly a keeper for sure...

Yeah couple years ago had a Quick Draw II (toy) and searched my backyard coming up with nothing. AT Pro put that machine to shame... There were so many valuables left behind.

I an utterly confused....

You found it metal detecting....right? Why would you not keep it?
It is over 75% silver, certainly a keeper for sure...

Well Dave that would be nice but 1972 was the last silver year.

Missed it by a year, but its fine because I put that coin through some torture to read that date :violent1: This also was a lesson learned not to clean a coin because it can lose its value.

Well Dave that would be nice but 1972 was the last silver year.

At first glance, I thought it was a 1930's coin....but after the beating it got I suppose it could read 1973... and the link Mackaydon posted shows .772 silver up to 1974....

That being said, I don't care if you keep it or not...

Put it in a coinstar, maybe someone will find it and appreciate it more.

Um, guys... The coin the OP posted says "Un Decimo de Balboa" on the back, therefore making it a 1/10 Balboa. If that is the actual coin, it is not a keeper, for it is not in entirely good shape and should be composed of copper-nickel. Otherwise, maybe worth $.10.

John85,
Could you look at that date a little closer? I believe it actually says 1933. If that is what it says, it is made of .900 silver and is definitely a keeper!

It's a 1973 coin

Um, guys... The coin the OP posted says "Un Decimo de Balboa" on the back, therefore making it a 1/10 Balboa. If that is the actual coin, it is not a keeper, for it is not in entirely good shape and should be composed of copper-nickel. Otherwise, maybe worth $.10.
Probably not even that.......unless you're in Panama.....and maybe not there either if they've devalued there currency since 1973.

Holy crap... you all making me feel guilty for keeping zincolns:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back