NOOB ALERT: Just ordered my first detector new Tejon owner!

Rare_Hunter

Mar 1, 2009
Green Bay, Wi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Tesoro Golden U-Max
Should have my Tesoro Tejon this week! The lesche shovel also on its way. I was close on picking up the cortes however I decided I wanted something with grow room. I figured going with my instinct overtime will pay off. Plus its depth is a big turn on for me.
The Tesoro stuff just "LOOKS RIGHT" compared to all the others.
I live in here in north eastern Wisconsin so there are lots of wooded areas along with water.
I also hear good stuff being found in Michigan!.
Glad to be a newcomer to this what already seems like a fantastic hobby!

Chad.

Take it from me...learn to ground balance your Tejon correctly! haha! It took me a long time to realize I wasn't doing it right.

It is a powerhouse of a machine that has a lot to offer. My best advice is to just dig everything at first while you experiment with your discrimination settings. You will start to figure out the scratching noises when discriminating as you gain more experience. Other than having those magical numbers on a TID screen appear, I don't think you will be disappointed. You will have a beast of a machine that weighs next to nothing. Go back through the Tesoro threads and you can find some good advice for the Tejon. Good luck!

Hey chad! Once it warms up we will have to do some detecting around this area. I'm looking into getting a Tesoro also, you will have to let me know what you think once you get it.

Definently among the deepest. Manual ground balancing is a sought after option, get good at it. Then learn the language.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back