Noob From WI

BensJamming

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there. Name is Ben and am completely new to detecting. Live in Peshtigo WI, about an hour north of Green Bay and live with my GF and have 3 kids running around the house. Two boys, age 14 and 11, and one girl age 4. We are outdoors as much as possible and thought this would be a fun productive thing to do with the kids.

I am sure I will be asking so dumb questions along the way and hope no one is too harsh on me lol. I have been looking into different models but really am uncertain on which one to get. Looking to keep iy under $400 if possible. Have my eye on the Garrett Ace 350 "Holiday Package" as of now but lately been checking into the X-terras alittle more along with some of the Fischers. Any and all help/guidance will be greatly appreciated and hope to be the one being able to help others someday.

Happy Hunting.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Wisconsin for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to the forum Ben. Fisher and Garrett both are good machines as well as White, Tesoro, Minelab. You might look at Metal detector reviews on the web for a few ideas. As guys in your area about the ground mineralization and how much iron you average in the soils there. It does make a difference. Good luck.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hello and welcome...enjoying the ace 350 myself, good luck w/ whatever you go with.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T'net. You picked a great hobby. This is not just for the big guys. Everyone can enjoy it. If I can be any help, just PM me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread