noob here!

W

wiredcur

Hello everyone,

My name is Tim. I live in Columbia, MD. I've got my first MD, an Ace 250, sitting at home waiting for it's first hunt. It'll probably won't be until this Sunday (got other plans 'til then :( ).

I can always remember wanting a metal detector since I was young. I think it has mostly to do with just the suspense of what could be in the ground with the MD sounds off. As I got older, I began to understand the technology of MD'ing and how induction runs so much in this world (I built an electric guitar pick-up just to see if it would really make a sound, it did ;D)

I can hardly wait to get out there and start detecting. I guess my biggest concern at this point, besides learning how to use the MD correctly, is the legal issues around detecting. From what I've learned on this and other forums, National and State parks are out. I've got to call the entity that controls the "Open Spaces" in Columbia and see if detecting is allowed. I sure hope so.

Oh, and I'll be sure to post pictures of whatever I find. ;D

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. This is where you come when it's raining or snow on the ground. It can almost be as much fun as being out there.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome aboard, Wired. Whatcha waiting for...get out there and get diggin'!!

Call your friends and neighbors....schools are great, too. Good luck!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya Wired,

Welcome to TNet. Can't wait to see pics of your finds.

HH
;) RR

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wiredcur said:
Hello everyone,

My name is Tim. I live in Columbia, MD. I've got my first MD, an Ace 250, sitting at home waiting for it's first hunt. It'll probably won't be until this Sunday (got other plans 'til then :( ).

I can always remember wanting a metal detector since I was young. I think it has mostly to do with just the suspense of what could be in the ground with the MD sounds off. As I got older, I began to understand the technology of MD'ing and how induction runs so much in this world (I built an electric guitar pick-up just to see if it would really make a sound, it did ;D)

I can hardly wait to get out there and start detecting. I guess my biggest concern at this point, besides learning how to use the MD correctly, is the legal issues around detecting. From what I've learned on this and other forums, National and State parks are out. I've got to call the entity that controls the "Open Spaces" in Columbia and see if detecting is allowed. I sure hope so.

Oh, and I'll be sure to post pictures of whatever I find. ;D

Hey wired,

The mug, the mug, where's the mug! ::)

Welcome to the forum! ::) I take it from your icon you're a rider? 8)

Here's a pic of my ride! 8) It's a BMW 1976 R90/6. Sometimes I strap my detector on the back and ride out! :o

I've seen plenty of cat pics posted! :o It's gotta be ok to post one's ride! :o

Can't wait to see your finds posted! ::)

Attachments

• 76-90.6 BMW.8.5.5.JPG
    76-90.6 BMW.8.5.5.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 376

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wired, Welcome. The laws on TH,ing in state parks are complicated. Certain ones are ,others not. Check with the Ranger on duty for the real story. Also check with the MD FDMAC rep for guide lines. Anymore you are better finding a private property or dozen and go to town. don,t over look research to find an open filed where activities took place years ago. the point is all the areas you are thinking about get hit often and hard by others.

Ed Donovan

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Private yards and fields are your best bet, most parks and schools are pounded to death by others and have been hit hard for decades.

Use a life line and phone a friend.............

HH Tim

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Welcome aboard, get out there and start swinging, patience is a must, don't get dissapointed. Best of luck to you can't wait for the pictures!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions