Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I don't know about your area but what I do for my area is go to the city website into their parks and recreation section and almost always there is an ordinance that you can look through. Might have to search around a little.

Or just call the city and ask.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, just call and ask! I have been detecting over 40 years and have never been given bum scoop. Sometimes I may get, "I haven't heard you could not". That is when you get a name.... in case you get the "ignorance is not excuse" speech. Then you point out the city workers ignorance! TTC

OP
OP
H

Husker64

Greenie
Mar 14, 2014
Southeast NE.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice guys, hopefully I will post some good finds after checking the parks and rec dept!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Husker, when some folks have asked city employees, the employees have given them some alarming answers. I would suggest you locate a detecting club in your area and ask them for the rules of the game in your area. There is a section on this site where you can look up State and City club info, try that.

Next thing is do not dig messy holes. fill any hole you dig. If you are in grass cut/saw a plug, using your digging tool, but leave about 1/4 to 1/3 of the plug circle uncut. fold the plug over on the uncut section. When you are done pulling your gold coin/ring/watch/bracelet from the hole pour the dirt back into the hole from the cloth you put down on the ground to put the dug out dirt on, pack the dirt down, fold the plug back over and push it back down. Make certain that the park people/police or homeowners can not even see where you have been digging! This way you will be welcomed back for more searching as a spot is never really cleared out.

Have fun, perform kind acts for the homeowners that give you permission to search their property and always be polite even if someone treats you poorly. Your actions will speak well of you!!...................63bkpkr

PixySnot

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2015
Omaha, NE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Omaha you need a $1 permit from the parks & rec maintenance office on 24th and Hickory. That covers Omaha City parks. NE state parks are another story. Private property like churches and schools you have to ask the property owner. I'm going to contact the Lincoln parks & rec folks soon to find out about Lincoln because, being in Omaha, we do find ourselves in Lincoln a lot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions