BOATY

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2013
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you guys have never heard this question before. Im completely new to this and have never had any experience before but always been interested. I dont have a ton of cash but I have about $250 in my paypal account and think Im gonna get me a new hobby. I have a boat and that will gain me a little access to sand bars and such and I thought it would be something I would enjoy to have a MD along when I go out. Ive been looking at the ACE 250 and also the Fisher F2. I dont really want to spend more than that at this point but for a noobie like myself which should I get or do you have another preference. Im not searching for any certain metals and dont expect to get rich but I do want to get into the hobby. I have access to very little but some woods, and like I said before SAND BARS. The Fisher F2 and the Ace 250 are both listed at $215 on Ebay. The F2 comes with accessories such as extra 4" coil, head phones, pin pointer, trowel and a 5 year warranty VS the Ace that is just the MD by itself. Is 1 more beginner friendly? whats your guys' thoughts. Thanks. Id like to buy 1 today.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Boaty, welcome to the forum. They are both good detectors, the Ace 250 is a little easier to use with the preset modes of discrimination (Jewelry, coins, custom). Just remember that the coil is the only waterproof part, you don't want to get the control head wet. If I can help you with your purchase, give me a call. We do take PayPal and offer free shipping.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Lesche and DetectorPro

(832) 928-9135

OP
OP
B

BOATY

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2013
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would rather have the ace i think but i know a pin pointer is recommended and i like the fact the f2 has everything to get started. If i had more cash to buy all the other goodies it would be different. Is the f2 much less quality and alot less beginner friendly?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boaty
Go with the F2 and please buy from one of our dealers here they are here to help you ....you can find help here 24/7.
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread