Nooo 2 weeks of my life is now ruined

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
So a few days ago I was out detecting an area, and when into the woods, through bushes and thorns to find good stuff. Well apparently the myth about poison ivy not growing in the winter is a big lie. I have it all over, and a huge area on my wrist/arm, I am its so bad that my arm is swollen real big and it hurts like heck.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 544
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 548
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 538

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
Probably from cutting through the roots when digging a hole, that's how I got it late in the fall. I feel your pain.
:crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch! Where you cutting through the main vines?

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I did a little digging around some trees, but I guess it could have been a root. But I had to take some tylenol to help subdue the pain, it's spreading

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
relichunters
looks like it "Gotcha" bad.

Hang tight, better days,,,,and nights.

have a good un............
SHERMANVILLE

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
Calomine lotion, use a cotton ball AND don't scrach it!!!!!! oUCH!!!

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
alwayslookin said:
Hope you wearing gloves to pee...trust me on that one!!
LMAO, never thought of that one. Damn if that has happened to you i bet you are careful now :D :D :D

Sasnz

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
You definently got into something. May not be ivy though. There is stuff out there that can help you.
All the best

T

trish76642

alwayslookin said:
Hope you wearing gloves to pee...trust me on that one!!

ROTFLMAO! :D Yes..it does happen, not to us woman (thank ya Jesus)

Reminded me of the time my ex hubby and i went berry picking....lmao

Sorry about your pain relichunter, that stuff will make you miserable! The wind blows and i catch it, but i seriously thought too that you couldnt get it in the winter, glad you let us know! I'm gonna be more careful thats for sure.

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
The funny part is, I was wearing gloves at the time and long sleeves. So maybe it was on the gloves or shirt and I touched the juice? I dunno.

@trish, since you supposely don't get it, how about coming soon and I point to spots to detect and you detect and dig them up for me? :D

T

trish76642

relichunters said:
The funny part is, I was wearing gloves at the time and long sleeves. So maybe it was on the gloves or shirt and I touched the juice? I dunno.

@trish, since you supposely don't get it, how about coming soon and I point to spots to detect and you detect and dig them up for me? :D

well in order for me to 'get' it...i'd have to sqat.... :nono: and i aint doin that! I learn from other peoples mistakes :wink: :-*

MayberryMonte

Sep 12, 2008
Soddy Daisy, TN.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Better bite the bullet if you haven't already and go to the doctor and get a Rx. The stuff never bothered me when I was a kid and now it does me the same as you.

B

BIG61AL

Holy smokes! That looks like one nasty rash. Hope it gets better soon.

T

trish76642

i hope you get to feeling better too relichunter...i feel sorry for anybody who gets that stuff. MISERABLE!

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
~Trish~ said:
relichunters said:

well in order for me to 'get' it...i'd have to sqat.... :nono: and i aint doin that! I learn from other peoples mistakes :wink: :-*

Hmmm I don't quite follow you here, why would you have to sqat? I kneel onto my knees to dig.

T

trish76642

relichunters said:
~Trish~ said:
relichunters said:

Hmmm I don't quite follow you here, why would you have to sqat? I kneel onto my knees to dig.

:tongue3:.....
lol....you kneel...but imma sqatter :wink:

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Hmmm apparently it's a woman thing. I wouldn't know, because I have never detected with a woman before :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread