High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at the school grounds today, on the same mowed field where I found a 1968 Kennedy half on June 20 2020. I was getting bummed out not finding much. Only three pennies and four dimes. I started detecting a bee line to the truck when the MXSport sounded off. Said it was a half dollar at 5 inches. That is the normal depth here for coins. My eyes popped when this shiny baby popped out of the dirt. Woohoo!!

Kennedy half.JPGkennedy half 2.JPG

Attachments

• ARIZ3.JPG
    ARIZ3.JPG
    683.8 KB · Views: 73
  • PIC2.JPG
    PIC2.JPG
    601.3 KB · Views: 80
  • classifier2.JPG
    classifier2.JPG
    818 KB · Views: 106
  • coinstar.JPG
    coinstar.JPG
    687.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Upvote 19
I dug a 1968 40% half in 1984 when I had just started in this hobby. Now, 36 years later I have yet to dig another 40% silver half.

Grats on a nice find and thanks for posting.

Congrats on the beautiful 1/2 dollar! :icon_thumleft:

Nice job on the half. Would like to find one of those. I hear your frustration with the pics not uploading. I had the same problem. Wouldn't let me upload the in situ pic. Was really bummed. Are you on a phone or computer? Any way happy hunting No Gold!

Nice job on the half. Would like to find one of those. I hear your frustration with the pics not uploading. I had the same problem. Wouldn't let me upload the in situ pic. Was really bummed. Are you on a phone or computer? Any way happy hunting No Gold!

Desktop computer. Don't own a smartphone.

No Gold in NY,

Nice hunt, always good to find a half dollar coin. By the way, the picture shows a 67 half vice a 68. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Congrats on a sweet coin!

In five years of detecting I’ve only dug one Kennedy half and it was a clad one. They do seem rare.

Thats a good streak hope you get the trifecta lol

Congrats on a great find !

I've been lucky enough to dig a total of (33) Half Dollar coins - (25) of them are Kennedy Half's - not one of them is Silver ! :BangHead:

Congrats on a great find !

I've been lucky enough to dig a total of (33) Half Dollar coins - (25) of them are Kennedy Half's - not one of them is Silver ! :BangHead:

Bummer on the Kennedy's, but I was looking at the "real" old coins you have found. Nothing older than 1900 for me.

No Gold in NY,

Nice hunt, always good to find a half dollar coin. By the way, the picture shows a 67 half vice a 68. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Oops, Typo.

Clever washing rig....I am looking thru the garage to find parts to make one now....imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Congratulations on the JFK Half!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back