Nor'easter

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll definitely be checking them out!

OP
OP
R

rustycap

Greenie
Feb 18, 2018
Wakefield, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Bounty hunter tracker iv, Garrett sea hunter mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tide is high here now in MA. Steady 25 gusts probably to 40. Leaving work soon going to ride by beaches and see whats happeing.

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Yankees have to deal with damn cold weather to hit beaches when they're low from storms. I'd freeze to death up there.
Here in Florida, we just wait for hurricanes, then immediately hit the beaches in T-shirts and shorts before the next high tide!!! Much Better!!! LOL!

P.S. Down here in South and South-Central Florida, we consider anyone living north of I-10 a Yankee!:laughing7:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You Yankees have to deal with damn cold weather to hit beaches when they're low from storms. I'd freeze to death up there.
Here in Florida, we just wait for hurricanes, then immediately hit the beaches in T-shirts and shorts before the next high tide!!! Much Better!!! LOL!

P.S. Down here in South and South-Central Florida, we consider anyone living north of I-10 a Yankee!:laughing7:
Any more talk like that ... and we have you transferred to Fort Drum N.Y. and Assigned to the "Snow Shovel Degrade" !
Thank you for your service !

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll be out on Long Island on Sunday!:skullflag:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll still be hibernating waiting for a Melt.

One 30 Second Power Outage so far today .

Most likely caused by wind.
& PP&L's power Re-Router kicked in.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Connecticut, we got hit hard by a Hurricane with strong winds and heavy rains. Tomorrow will be a great day to hit the beaches. Good hunting and good luck.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just flurries here but several major bridges are shut down due to the wind. BIG bridges.

MathewsZ7

Mar 29, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from jersey but currently sitting in JFK airport to catch a flight. Insane wind,tons of canceled flight, mine is still on time but not looking good. I can hear the wind over the planes!!!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's why we won The Civil War. Cold weather makes you tough and strong. Hot weather just makes you fat and lazy...

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a photo someone sent me of Route 6 in Scituate on Friday. Our National Grid crews had it cleared out, new poles erected and electricity restored in 28 hours. That's New England strong for you, boys.

scituate.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to one beach yesterday. The water had gone out 40' in the bay. I went down to the lowest points and made several passes with the detector. I did get some loose change, but where the guys go with the underwater machines, there was no jewelry to be found. Place gets hit daily in the warmer months and they cleaned it out pretty well. I did find a "Standard Brewery Co. Baltimore MD" aqua beer bottle lying at the bottom of the trough. It is about 100 years old. I was not expecting that.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to one beach yesterday. The water had gone out 40' in the bay. I went down to the lowest points and made several passes with the detector. I did get some loose change, but where the guys go with the underwater machines, there was no jewelry to be found. Place gets hit daily in the warmer months and they cleaned it out pretty well. I did find a "Standard Brewery Co. Baltimore MD" aqua beer bottle lying at the bottom of the trough. It is about 100 years old. I was not expecting that.

No pictures??

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I might hit Hampton beach when time permits this week, I’m sure they didn’t get hit as hard as the south shore , but we’ll see

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread