North carolina gold mines

ScrugneysGunDogs

Apr 1, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife & I have been to the Cotton Patch Gold Mine (which is closed this year!?), and the Lucky Strike Gold Mine. Here is the info I have on Lucky Strike:
We found gold here!
North Carolina
The Lucky Strike Recreational Gold and Gem Mine at Vein Mountain,Marion,NC
We are open to the public all year 8:00 AM till 7:00 PM daily except DEC 25.
Full service hookup $20.00 / night,Electric and water $15.00 / night,Monthly rate $250.00.Those camping with us do not have to pay an additional fee to get into the river and prospect using their own gold pan or sluice box.
The Lucky Strike
251 Lucky Strike Lane
Marion, NC 28752
Liz McCormick
Owner & Operator
Phone #: 828-738-4893
The Lucky Strike Gold and Gem Mine is located about 6 miles south of I-40 at Marion, North Carolina, on Hwy 221.
Vein Mountain (is right next door)... This 130 acre private property is the most recent acquisition of the LDMA and is located in one of the richest gold bearing areas of the eastern gold belt. Gold ranges from fine to flake and is plentiful. Historical reports give the property a good potential for large nuggets.

Recreational Gold and Gem Mine at Vein Mountain,NC

OP
OP
R

Rh2racing

Feb 24, 2013
Went to the lucky strike and I found some gold! (see pic) I used a high banker and went through 3 loads of dirt. Fun times!

2013-06-12 15.44.45.jpg

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion Thermal City is the way to go. I was there to years ago and found 7.3 grams in 3 front bucket loads dirt. It was $ 55.00 a load.
It's not like getting out and finding your self but sometimes you just need to see :goldbar:.

I am a GPAA member but I like TC better than Lucky Strike.

Hope it helps.

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL....There is no shame in what you found!!
The only difference is TD dirt is better than LS's.
Any amount of gold is AWESOME!!

That was the last time I was out due to I got a dang job....:BangHead:

I hope you find a lot more!!

killian110

Dec 16, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Was at Thermal City panning today. Only had a few hours so I just dug in the pay for the day pile. Found enough to keep me going back for one more pan. Was late for my cousin and his wife's baby shower but he forgave me once I promised to take him along next time. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread