North Central, PA

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Good afternoon fish,
I was born and raised in the area, and have spent a lot of time around the canyon (Wellsboro area), I am very much into local history. I have never heard or read of any treasures there. If you can give me a little information , I may be able to find more for you. I have many history books of this area.
Sincerly Clayton

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TOO Many, Plus I Type too slow to give All Details.
Research these.

TIOGA COUNTY

During the Revolution, Tory Raiders are supposed to have Buried Several Chests of Treasure
on the McMillan farm, located
2 Mile East of Bloosberg.

McKean County

the EMPORIAN BANK was robbed of $60,000.00 in gold & Currency in 1890, & buried under the Kinzuna RR Bridge , about 5 MI. N.E. of Mt. Jewitt, under a Flat Rock.

see TREASURE jan 86 page 68 & 69

Potter County

Dabole Hare in 1830 lived in halfway hollow, and Buried Milk Cans of Gold Coins in the Fields near his home.

see Lost Treasure July 1999 page 20

TREASURE Feb. 91 Page 14

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Greetings Fishandhunt_2005,
There is a lost payroll shipment from the Civil War in your area, don't recall the details but a wagon loaded with gold was attacked by "Copperheads" (Southern sympathizers) and lost, only a single bar of gold ever being found, the single find being discovered in a dead tree. I will try to find the details on this one, may take a while.
Oroblanco

"The one thing I remember about Christmas was that my father used to take me out in a boat about ten miles offshore on Christmas Day, and I used to have to swim back. Extraordinary. It was a ritual. Mind you, that wasn't the hard part. The difficult bit was getting out of the sack." –John Cleese

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread