North Central Texas pendant( Any ideas on the symbol and who made it )

jojosparks

Mar 8, 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-03-22-50-26.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-03-22-50-26.png
    569.6 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this is just a wild guess mind you, but looks kinda like justin bieber to me probably made by boy george

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's interesting. I've never seen a pendant with a human-like figure in relief. It doesn't look like it was actually carved into relief, either, almost like it was already there? That seems an unusual find...

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A beautiful buddy find this week. We told him to just stop looking now. It'll be hard to beat it.
=====================================================
SERIOUSLY !!!

Man this looks totally MINOAN to me.
Be SHHHHH about where you found it and same for your buddy.
If this was mine,,, I would be doing some serious diligence on this man.
Check this,,, The Minoans are thought to be the ones who mined all the copper from the Michigan deposits and as well there have been artifacts found in Tennessee as well.

Michigan / Minoan
Review of America Unearthed S01E03: "Great Lakes Copper Heist" - Jason Colavito

Tennessee / Minoan
Minoans Discovered America! Smoking Gun Artifacts and Over 1000 DNA Testable Skeletal Remains Prove Explorers Claim (100+ Photographs which will change how you view History) |

Google has many links for these subjects
Hit

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This really got my attention for some reason, so I Googled "ancient Minoan stone pendants".
What I found,,, I liked.
Now what do you think eh?

Compare to your friends find. (last image)

One found in Ohio also.
http://www.slideshare.net/rmdejonge/minoan-pendant

Attachments

• minoan-pendant.jpg
    minoan-pendant.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 135
  • minoan-pendant-ohio-4-728.jpg
    minoan-pendant-ohio-4-728.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 118
  • ps337231_l.jpg
    ps337231_l.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_2015-11-03-22-50-26.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-03-22-50-26.png
    569.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
OP
OP
jojosparks

jojosparks

Mar 8, 2013
This really got my attention for some reason, so I Googled "ancient Minoan stone pendants".
What I found,,, I liked.
Now what do you think eh?

Compare to your friends find. (last image)

One found in Ohio also.
MINOAN PENDANT, OHIO

Thanks for the lead. Gives us somewhere to start researching. I havent been able to find anything with a raised symbol like that. I seen some cave paintings and rock etchings similiar.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the lead. Gives us somewhere to start researching. I havent been able to find anything with a raised symbol like that. I seen some cave paintings and rock etchings similiar.
================================
Good,,,
nothing like a good search eh? By the way,,, I LOVE this kinda stuff.
Thanks for sharing
Hit

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
give us close ups on the hole and the back please.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minoans in Texas? Now that's one I've never heard before. lol

Can we get better and clearer pictures please? From several angles. Thanks.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the others have asked , it would be great to see some more photos. The image doesn't look like it was carved and it does not look like it was molded. If it is an artifact from NA then it was formed by nature and someone picked it up and put a hole in it because of the image. More photo's would be of great help.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like the others have asked , it would be great to see some more photos. The image doesn't look like it was carved and it does not look like it was molded. If it is an artifact from NA then it was formed by nature and someone picked it up and put a hole in it because of the image. More photo's would be of great help.

My guess is that the rock was/is showing differential weathering. The raised lines are a harder, more resistant rock. Perhaps quartz? Weathering of the softer rock around it resulted in those lines appearing raised above the rest of the rock. And, by sheer coincidence, it resembles a human figure. Then, a native created a pendent out of it. I would assume the pendent shape itself was also fashioned to some degree by the native, but I suppose it could have been found in a convenient shape as well. I also wonder if the left arm is an arm, or is he throwing an atlatl? If you look at the "elbow" area of left arm, the raised area continues downward past the "elbow". Almost looks like someone is throwing an atlatl. Figure seems in motion. If all natural, that is a cool coincidence, and a clever native to take advantage of it. But, just guessing at all this......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
it does need more than us looking at photos that is fer sure...it is unlikely to be what we want it to be, but all the same it is pretty darn interesting and needs and expert to handle it and weigh in...I am thinking geologist as opposed to archy, at first anyway.

what was the context it was found in?

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is that the rock was/is showing differential weathering. The raised lines are a harder, more resistant rock. Perhaps quartz? Weathering of the softer rock around it resulted in those lines appearing raised above the rest of the rock. And, by sheer coincidence, it resembles a human figure. Then, a native created a pendent out of it. I would assume the pendent shape itself was also fashioned to some degree by the native, but I suppose it could have been found in a convenient shape as well. I also wonder if the left arm is an arm, or is he throwing an atlatl? If you look at the "elbow" area of left arm, the raised area continues downward past the "elbow". Almost looks like someone is throwing an atlatl. Figure seems in motion. If all natural, that is a cool coincidence, and a clever native to take advantage of it. But, just guessing at all this......

I saw the same thing and basically thought the same as you, that it may just be a happy coincidence. But if it is, it is a very weird one. To have a rock erode naturally to create what appears to me a man throwing a Spear or using an Atl-Atl is just way to odd. I hope he posts better pics or takes it someone to be looked at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread