North Myrtle Beach, SC Hunt

BigBeefy

Jan 19, 2010
Knoxvegas, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It much was found. 6 days of hunting after many miles of walking. Low tides produced very wide beaches. Very little trash. People there were wise not to wear any valuables because as I walked around no one had on any rings or necklaces.
I found only one 925 ring. I actually found two cell phones but my youngest son took it and lost it before I could snap my finds pic.
All this was with the DFX using standard beach program. I bought the hip mount kit and put the brains in a backpack.

Attachments

• image-2192816101.jpg
    image-2192816101.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 259
  • image-2081526784.jpg
    image-2081526784.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0
OP
OP
BigBeefy

BigBeefy

Jan 19, 2010
Knoxvegas, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I wanted to add. That SS bowl was 25 inches down. The two phones were each over a foot down. Dimes came in anywhere between surface and 10 inches.
Overall I am pleased with how the DFX worked on the beach.
I could not get the DFX to ground balance tho. It didn't matter, I was finding targets.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice pics, BB

and congrats on the silver ring find:headbang:

Lorraine

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, the dfx is a great machine, I've owned one since 2000. When I'm at the beach in the wet sand I go into audio and turn the pre amp gain up to 3 to get a little more depth.Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
I hunt regularly here along the coast and you just don't bring in what you would expect. I mean figure 1,000 folks were on that beach from Friday through Sunday Evening and you dig up a few bucks in clad and maybe a silver ring if your lucky? To me thats says they just arent bringing loot on the beach much anymore and the occassional piece you do find is a recent loss and dumb luck for the most part.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions