deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that North Park lake is filled back up with water, it appears to be business as usual. People fishing, hiking, etc.

The place they dumped all the silt has been leveled (mostly anyhow) and grass planted. The heavy equipment has been removed and there is access to it off Wildwood Rd where the old flea market used to be. For now anyhow. Looks like someone is trying to improve the buildings there but nobody said anything to me when I drove past and to the field. There is no fence or no trespassing signs so for now, it's all good.

The field itself still has a lot of lumps but not huge ones. Some areas there is no grass growing and others it's already almost a foot tall. By next year it will be a typical field with weeds too high to detect through...so hit it now!

Had my gf out there yesterday for about an hour and I was back this morning for a couple hours. She never detected before and was happy when she found a piece of can slaw, which abounds.

We also found an 8oz bottle from the Park Drive Beverage Co. which the best I've been able to find is it dates to the 50's or 60's. It's still in one piece despite being through dump trucks, excavators and bulldozed.

Like I said, can slaw is everywhere so thats something I guess you'll have to get used to hearing. I did find a couple wheaties, part of a fishing reel, a few sinkers and a daredevil lure.

Anyone that maybe wants to get together and hit this over the next couple months....lots of area there and enough I'm sure for everyone.

Al

Attachments

• 0924111545a.jpg
    0924111545a.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 206
  • downsize1.jpg
    downsize1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 185
  • downsize2.jpg
    downsize2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF2061.JPG
    DSCF2061.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF2062.JPG
    DSCF2062.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCF2063.JPG
    DSCF2063.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 183
OP
OP
deepskyal

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gonna be interesting, by the finds already. Plus the non-detectables like the golf balls mixed in the mud, bottles, one of the wheaties I found was literally on top of the ground...dated 1955. Would never have seen it tho....mud stuck on the face. But detector saw it...lol.
Just nice that I can drive right up to the site...at least for now. :thumbsup:

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread