Northern California prospecting!

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, I live in the east bay, and have been going up to the north fork of the American river... Yesterday was my 3rd week in a row, and I'm so freaking hooked that I want to use my vacation up there!

So far most of the gold I found was panning, but I'm really wanting to find spots for sniping.

Well since I'm up there every weekend now, I'd love to have partners to go with! I'm comfortable going alone, but it's really nice to have other people around so we can brag about our finds ;)

Hit me up on Facebook if you'd like (I don't see anywhere to message others on here...) Facebook.com/travyleigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on! I smell an adventurers guild. Booze and cigars available.

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I might have to just clear my plans for Saturday this sounds like fun :P . Never met a bunch of people from tnet at once before.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I might have to just clear my plans for Saturday this sounds like fun :P . Never met a bunch of people from tnet at once before.
heavy pans to you All! Wish I could be there on Sat!

Get that Big gold!

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do you usually park at, Nate? I usually start at the small bridge under the big one on forest hill, I guess it's called confluence. Right where the NF and MF meet together

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it's very very overly searched... But I still find a little :3

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where do you usually park at, Nate? I usually start at the small bridge under the big one on forest hill, I guess it's called confluence. Right where the NF and MF meet together

Nowhere near there. I go to the areas that nobody wants to hike into lol. It's free parking though :P

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna have to try that haha. I'm still not goin out there alone though, mountain lions, bears, rattlesnakes... Oh my

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh man! I'm jealous... I'm headed to a refinery.

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as you don't see flames, you're good hahaa. Do you wear snakebite chaps?

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much equipment do you take usually? Since I'm usually just sniping... I keep most of my crap in a backpack (camelback), like my rock hammer, pry bar, food and water. Then in a fannypack I have some smaller crevicing tools, snuffer bottles etc. and in my hands I carry (usually I'm swimming, cause it's easier to swim than to move on rocks) a gold pan and a bigger crevicing tool

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How much equipment do you take usually? Since I'm usually just sniping... I keep most of my crap in a backpack (camelback), like my rock hammer, pry bar, food and water. Then in a fannypack I have some smaller crevicing tools, snuffer bottles etc. and in my hands I carry (usually I'm swimming, cause it's easier to swim than to move on rocks) a gold pan and a bigger crevicing tool

Here's what I brought with me today. Not sure how I have the service to do all this in the canyon... river is higher than I expected... old sluice spot is underwater. Settling for the only available spot.

ForumRunner_20140930_082823.png

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, quite a bit of equipment to be hauling in! Send pics of the gold you get!

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Packing it in early... anyone want to buy a bazooka? Only used twice. I should probably make another thread for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread