northern idaho

mumsituk

Jun 15, 2011
Hi,
Join the GPAA for $75 and get book full of info where to pan/sluice. It's a GREAT service!!
Gene

OP
OP
D

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i do belong to the gpaa but there are no gpaa claims in northern idaho. right now we are in rathdrum, id. but son will be moving into new [ new to
him ] house in spirit lake more north of here. really hoping that some of you good people can steer us in the right direction to do alittle panning and hopefully sluice. really appreciate any and all advise or info.
thanks very much in advance.
take care. ron

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
:headbang:

Go go go... wherever you can get permission to do so, try a few local public spots and look for a good spot you can set up the sluice. Then start feeding the sluice and keep looking!

Good luck!! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
D

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gravelwasher, thanks much for your advise we appreciate it very much and will also heed your advise.
take care.
ron

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Davin,

My pleasure to try an help!! If you can let us know what pans out and if you can snap a few pics of the place setup and your take. You would be surprised how this may generate some more help. When your looking for a good spot make sure you are close to bedrock, don't waste your time breaking your back to get through 4 feet of overburden. Have a great time and get some shine in your pan!!

OP
OP
D

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gravelwasher, again, thanks much for the advise and will try to follow it the best we can. also not sure about how to post pictures
[ i am lucky just to be able to get on here ] smile.
thanks much, take care.
ron

brodyaga

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2007
Wyoming
If you head south a little on I90, you get into great gold streams with lots of public access. The town of Murray is centered in good placer country, and old tailing piles are visible from the Thompson Pass Rd. I have had good success up Burke canyon, just outside of Wallace as well.

Brody

Hunter397

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm located in the coeur d alene area. I've been hearing of a little luck up the Hayden creek area. Has anyone experienced any color up that way or would it be beneficial to just head more towards the silver valley? (Trying to stay close to home)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread