Northern Virginia with Signs to Share

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,

I figured after reading all the excellent posts and filling my empty head with free treasure hunting knowledge, I should register. I do a lot of construction in the NOVA area and after reading these posts have realized that I have been seeing these signs. I have pictures of a sign tree and the longitude/latitude of the tree. I have the pictures unedited and then with my ideas on what the signs represent...not in any way trying to interpret the meaning if any. I probably don't even qualify as a newbie. The tree will be gone soon as this road in the backwoods will be widened this year. I took video as well as pictures. If anyone is interested, I am glad to post and share. Also a couple of pics next to the Potomac River that seem to me to be man made.

Anyway, I am having a blast reading these posts. Crazy how I learn something on here and then realize that I saw these signs over 20 years ago back in Missouri. Keep them coming!

doggrowl

OP
OP
doggrowl

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Wayne! I have never owned a metal detector, but I can see that day coming the more I read on this site. Civil War stuff has gotten in my blood recently as well. I have been thinking about looking for artifacts...seems everywhere in VA there was a battle.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Virginia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
doggrowl

doggrowl

May 16, 2014
Northern Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Certainly some of the most friendly folks I have met...this is going to be fun...I just have to decide on which detector to buy...any suggestions? Thank you for the welcome!

"Anytime you see a turtle up on top of a fence post, you know he had some help."

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard!! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread