Northwest Indiana Gold diggers

golddigger1

Sep 8, 2013
This is my first post. Warning I tend to ramble and not use much punctuation and misspell words. (So in advance I already know and I am not interested in being corrected) I got a metal detector to find gold, watches or anything valuable. So far I have been finding dimes,nickels,quarters and pennies and a lot of garbage. I do like that metal detecting gets me outside and is some form of exercise considering I hurt my ankle and currently can not run or jog. I would like to go with a group and find some good items. I am thinking ghost towns things like that. My idea is a group can quickly comb an area and be done with it and if its a significant find we can split it being that we saved each other time we would have spent digging all day. I work every single day except Fridays. I can be available to hunt early mornings Monday through Friday and late afternoons on Saturday and Sunday say 5pm (which I know isn't a lot of time) if you have any ideas for a group hunt and can work with my time frame let me know

OP
OP
golddigger1

golddigger1

Sep 8, 2013
Just a thought to clarify. If you find something small say under $500.00 I say hooray it's all yours! I also feel a bigger group offers potential security and also if we strategically search an area we can have the whole area searched quicker vs spending hours and hours and finding a quarter. If your able to search a huge area quicker and more efficiently I think you increase the potential of finding something good if its there.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Hoosier. :hello2:
Your idea of speed hunting with a group to cover more ground quickly sounds right, but hopefully you will learn to just enjoy the hobby and the vast amount of relics you can find, rather than detecting for the $ value. Another problem you may run into is getting permission from property owners for a group hunt. It's much easier to gain permission for just yourself, or maybe you and one other person.
What town are you located in? I am originally from LaPorte and come up that way quite often.
What detector do you use?
All the best,
MM (Doug)

diggingforgold

Greenie
May 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shoot, I'm looking to find gold. That is as exciting and worthy as looking for relics.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most people invite others who enjoy the same hobby and everyone keeps what they find, a lot of people don't sell their finds even as I've never sold anything that I've found while detecting. The finds I have will most likely get passed down to my grandchildren one day, I'm not saying I never will of course and I would split the finds if I found a jar full of gold coins on a hunt where the other person got the permission to detect. Most likely though you might possibly find a seated one day worth a few hundred if your real lucky but I'm sure I wouldn't want to sell it as you might never find one like it again. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread