OP
BadAdze

BadAdze

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta quit , dont have a choice, water is frozen, and about to have a foot or more snow on top of that. Its depressing. There is always spring!!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta quit , dont have a choice, water is frozen, and about to have a foot or more snow on top of that. Its depressing. There is always spring!!

Don't feel so bad, we still have 75% of snow on the ground and the ground is still froze.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rock.....Dont let shapes fool you, mother nature forms trillions of rocks than man tries to imagine or hope into artifacts...... Look for something that has signs of being worked.... most times if you have to use your imagination then it is likely a rock....

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice looking find,too me it looks like it had a very sharp edge on it at one time,with a little hook ,would of worked great to gut or filet something real quick like,its all about an edge,

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rock.....Dont let shapes fool you, mother nature forms trillions of rocks than man tries to imagine or hope into artifacts...... Look for something that has signs of being worked.... most times if you have to use your imagination then it is likely a rock....

Can I second..third..and fourth that?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice looking find,too me it looks like it had a very sharp edge on it at one time,with a little hook ,would of worked great to gut or filet something real quick like,its all about an edge,

It all about whether or not a person put it there. When they did.. they did it in a way that leaves evidence of that. For thousands of years they did it basically the same way... "work" on an artifact IS Distinguishable.

OP
OP
BadAdze

BadAdze

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Polish IS distinguishable, this clearly has it!!!

OP
OP
BadAdze

BadAdze

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like you get so frustrated and have to put your 2 cents in where CLEARLY it wasnt needed. Every one else approaches it differently , i know, but come on man!!!

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Badadze, I really can't see any definite proof of this being an artifact. As for the polish, it's not a hard stone. It is a chert I think. When people mention polish on a flaked piece, they really should say wear from use. Sorry bro. It happens to all of us!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it has shape but no work. It might of been a reduction flake as one of the first flakes removed. It shows rind which doesnt mean anything. I found some today with rind on them but mine show flaking which yours doesnt. That would be the difference. It might have a edge and it doesnt show in the pics.

OP
OP
BadAdze

BadAdze

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this show any better what i am seeing?, i do understand there is not any work, believe me im not arguing that.

100_1368 (593x800).jpg

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I see it. Might of been a test rock and didnt work out. That would be the reason they dumped it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BadAdze

BadAdze

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your knowledge, i am very grateful for the discussion always.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread