Norwegian Plustinn

NolanTheExplorer

May 11, 2011
Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, ProPointer, Ace 250, GTA 1250, Radio Shack Bounty Hunter, Eye Balls, Intuition, Instinct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i made the 1.5 hr drive to visit my parents at their farm home in the shenandoah and spent some time with the old man...didnt really find anything mind blowing.
i dig sooo many newer round nails there. it can be frustrating. they bounce all over the place on the ace 250 reading. and sometimes they give a solid coin reading only to find another damn nail. the amount of nails around the house is nothing short of unreal. add all the old cuts of tin from the roof and you got yourself one helluva workout. i guess i just need to keep learning my machine..
i dug a few square nails which i always enjoy uncovering. there was a time when people burned down abandoned homes just to pick through the remains in order to get those coveted nails. i will keep them when i find them but only because it's my families property. they tell a story just like a coin or bullet!
anyways, i dug this neat little pewter madallion thing. 3 or 4 inched down as i recall. at first i assumed "plustinn" was a town or city in norway. not so. plustinn translates to pewter.
i doubt its very old-maybe 40 years?
hope it was a nice relaxing weekend for all those old dads out there.

(IMAGE REMOVED)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Beautiful place you have to hunt there,in that area you are liable to dig up anything. I would keep removing all the iron,the nails and iron hide(mask) the goodies that are surely underneath. I wonder what that symbol mseans? You might post it in the whatsit section see what they think...hh...Shoot

Trond

Mar 23, 2006
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
"Tinn" means "Tin", so maybe its the description of the alloy?! :-\

Or the producer of this medallion.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
i think its a form of a cross icon within a circle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions