Not a bad day of detecting.

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The wife and kids when out of town for the weekend so I finally got some time to go out and do some major hunting. I stared at 6:00 am and ended at 8:30 pm. I hit 2 local parks here in New Albany, MS. and man was it a hot one. The good news is, I got permission to hunt an old school that has been converted into a house. As far as I know the school was in use in the 1920's. That's all they know about it. The school could go back further than that but who knows. Any ways, here is today's finds. My clad totals are 9 quarters, 37 dimes, 3 nickels, and 29 pennies at $6.39. I also found 3 foreign coins at a play ground, one of them is a One pound coin. Never thought I would find one of those here in Mississippi but I'll take it. I also found some modern bullets, a few paper shotgun shells, part of a watch, what looks to be old car parts, a neat looking key chain, and 1 wheat penny from 1947. Still no gold or silver but not a bad day of detecting. Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all.

clad.jpgwheat penny.jpgforeign coins.jpgbullets.jpgshotgun shells.jpgkey chain.jpgwatch part.jpgcar parts.jpg

Upvote 0
Well at least you got out the house and done something you loved.
Maybe next time you might hit a bit of gold or silver but your finds are still good. All adds up at the end of the day. :)

Very true Durham, very true. I had a blast, got a sun tan while I was at it and lost about a gallon of water. lol

Hey Stone great finds buddy! Hit a local park myself today here in Ackerman MS and found a few clads and also a medallion. Like Durham said tho it all ads up and when your doing what you love to do then its all worth finding no matter what it is!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back