Not a bad way to start the day...

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
So I get to work this morning, go to count my drawer, and guess what I see when I go to count the rolls? Not silver, unfortunately, but I do see a wheatie ender :) Not bad, I'm thinking - looks to be in good shape, judging by the reverse. Probably from the fifties. I crack it open when I get to the register, and low and behold, it's from 1935 :) The front's in good shape, too! Then I customer gives me a 1946 nickel in the first hour or so, as well. Not a bad way to start the day, eh?

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So I get to work this morning, go to count my drawer, and guess what I see when I go to count the rolls? Not silver, unfortunately, but I do see a wheatie ender :) Not bad, I'm thinking - looks to be in good shape, judging by the reverse. Probably from the fifties. I crack it open when I get to the register, and low and behold, it's from 1935 :) The front's in good shape, too! Then I customer gives me a 1946 nickel in the first hour or so, as well. Not a bad way to start the day, eh?

Would've been even better if the nickel was from 1945, then you'd have some silver. :) Good finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread