Not A Everyday Find

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
I have been reading your posts for over a year now, and though I have made comments on some of your great finds I have been reluctant to post any of my own as most of my finds haven't been anything all that great.

My wife and I have been hunting a old golf course that is now closed and is presently owned by the city. Over the past year we have found many coins, silver and copper but nothing super great. Today we were out there hunting and I got a FE 02 CO 47-50 on my E-Trac. I thought I had a silver half, but got a surprise when I brought it to the surface. It turned out to be a Sterling Silver Box. I put it in my pouch and continued hunting, when we quit for the day and was setting in the car I opened that box and got another pleasent surprise. It turns out it was a holder for a very small child's Rosary which was also Sterling Silver. I have never found anything like this before and thought I would share it with you. Hope you enjoy. Rick :coffee2:

Attachments

• 013 (640x480).jpg
    013 (640x480).jpg
    89 KB · Views: 945
  • 006 (640x480).jpg
    006 (640x480).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 955
  • 014 (640x480).jpg
    014 (640x480).jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 982
  • 016 (640x480).jpg
    016 (640x480).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,008
  • 010 (640x480).jpg
    010 (640x480).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,252
  • 008 (640x480).jpg
    008 (640x480).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,251

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome find...
Congrats....

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Very nice find! That's one for the top shelf!

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! And feel free to post anything here even if it is clad. Any find is worthy and I would like to see the other finds from the old golf course!

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Find. :hello2:

As GTL said... Post it all baby :wink:

Not everyday someone finds an item like that.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Rockin Chairs Gold

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Dirt fishing Wolf said:
Great find, that's a better find than a silver half.

I agree with you whole heatedly, I over the years have found my share of silver halves but never in my 43 years in this hobby have I found anything to compare with this.

I am not Catholic but this will hold a special place amongst my finds.

Thank you all for your nice comments.

I have some heart procedures I will be going through in the next few days. When I am feeling up to it I will take some pictures of some of my other finds from the old golf course and will post them. Rick :coffee2:

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rockin Chairs Gold said:
Dirt fishing Wolf said:
Great find, that's a better find than a silver half.

I agree with you whole heatedly, I over the years have found my share of silver halves but never in my 43 years in this hobby have I found anything to compare with this.

I am not Catholic but this will hold a special place amongst my finds.

Thank you all for your nice comments.

I have some heart procedures I will be going through in the next few days. When I am felling up to it I will take some pictures of some of my other finds from the old golf course and will post them. Rick :coffee2:

Best of luck with those procedures... I hope you meant Feeling and not Felling! We don't want felling!

OP
OP
Rockin Chairs Gold

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Because of open heart surgery two years ago to correct blocked arteries in my heart. Last week my cardiologist decide I needed a stress test done to make sure everything was good in there. He called me the next day to say the tests showed there were areas in my heart that didn't seem to be getting enough blood and recommended a Cathe test be done so they could go in and see where the blockages were. It was done yesterday and it turned out my problem was nothing more then stress that was causing the blood vessels to constrict and medication was given me to correct it.

After a few days to give the incision a chance to heal I will be going back out to the Old Golf Course to take some pictures. The property has a lot of history and I will be taking pictures of some of my finds and showing them here. Now don't expect to much, but silver and copper coins were found and a few were quite old. You will understand more as I tell about the property and the people that used the golf course. I hope you find it interesting Rick :coffee2:

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an awesome find. Congratulations! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread