not a real good forum

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
I am a relic hunter and love relic hunting forums.

Problem is that the first seven or eight items on this relic forum never change. They are really good and informative posts, and some have been read thousands of times, but everytime someone replies they pop back up to the top. I never post finds on this forum because I know that they will quickly be drowned out by the big long posts.

Maybe there should be a separate forum for civil war, or a separate forum the the WWII guys, but either way enough is enough. Plus since the first few subjects never leave the top of the list I never know if new stuff is posted, so I never read those posts anymore because they do take a real long time to download.

Don't take me wrong, they are great posts and very interesting, just that other than those posts, there is not much new stuff here and I think that may be part of the reason.

Maybe the button portion should stay the same but three other options be added. 1. civil war relics; 2. WWII relics; 3. non war related relics.

armchairQB30

Jun 21, 2007
If I may comment, I think that what the original poster was saying is this:

MILITARY FORUM containing the following:

Revolutionary War

War of 1812

Texas Independence

Seminole Wars

Civil War

Indian Wars

Spanish American War

World War 1

World War 2

Korean War

Vietnam

Granada

Desert Storm

Iraq

Afghanistan

And so on...did I miss any war? I myself would like to see a OVERALL MILITARY FORUM and then I would like to see it broken down even more.

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
Its sad this forum does not have many posters, but those we have are just brilliant.

There are no military relics down under really. Some WW2 stuff in dams can still be had after being dumped by the yanks in Qld and theres some relics in the scrub in the Top End from WW2 but mostly from training. Never had a war here you see. Go off the coast to the pacific islands and its relics galore. More live ammo than you can poke a pick at. All unstable and still dangerous. Theres a beach in the Solomons that from the air is covered in rocks. They are actually live shells, thousands of em.

I have only one military relic apart from myself, a piece of lead from the trenches at Gallipoli. It just looks like a round sinker without a hole, but I dug it out of a trench wall, or rather it found me. from a Mills Bomb I reckon.

Its hard to imagine what it must be like for loved ones to know their sons are there in a field, not rotted away but with ID and papers somewhat intact. Time has stood still in a lot of ways in Europe, the frozen tundra of Russia and other lands where so many million were lost. 42 million Russians died in WW2, hard to contemplate. Korsu and Erdspiegel are doing a lot of good as an aside to their hobby. I look forward to their posts.

baldy804

May 6, 2010
just a shout out thanks to all for blood sweat and tears everyone has given for this country :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread