All Treasure Hunting
I really went out today to test me out.
It has been a pretty long time since I last
went out, geared up for the *COLD*!!!

I was prepared though. I knew that there was going
to be strong winds, cold air, etc. So even wind chill
would be a factor. Sure was a far cry from the hopping
from shade to shade I'd been doing for so long! Oh, I was
still hopping, but now, it was to keep warm! ;)

I'm pleased to announce that my new clothing/equipment
worked just fine! I was able to walk for about 3 hours
in some rather hard weather! Unfortunately, outside
of my jackhammer, I haven't figured out how to get thru
the frozen ground when that starts. :BangHead:

Anyway, here's the take:

2017 (728).jpg

2017 (729).jpg

Another one of these for Fishy's fun but....

2017 (730).jpg

I believe he's already having fun. ;)

Thanks for peeking folks, stay warm!

Upvote 14

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its still getting into the high 80s here south of Tucson, AZ. I dont know if thats a good or a bad thing, but it feels good.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s a lot of clad to pay for the trip out and a neat clown token, congratulations! It’s sunny and 60 degrees here in Northern Alabama, perfect weather!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you got out for another walk Whadi. What gear are you talking about? It was 27 degrees this morning here. Might be a 39 high for tomorrow, but still planning on getting out for a few hours. Hoping I pull as many coins as you did today.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its still getting into the high 80s here south of Tucson, AZ. I dont know if thats a good or a bad thing, but it feels good.

That’s a lot of clad to pay for the trip out and a neat clown token, congratulations! It’s sunny and 60 degrees here in Northern Alabama, perfect weather!

I am so very happy for both of you. :dontknow:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got out for another walk Whadi. What gear are you talking about? It was 27 degrees this morning here. Might be a 39 high for tomorrow, but still planning on getting out for a few hours. Hoping I pull as many coins as you did today.

Normal cold weather gear, clothes, long johns, hat, hoodies, sweaters, plus a brand new pair of insulated "walking" boots. I was pleased that the wind could not cut thru and that I stayed rather warm. :)

Looks like I'll be ok as long as the ground doesn't freeze solid.

Thanks!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Normal cold weather gear, clothes, long johns, hat, hoodies, sweaters, plus a brand new pair of insulated "walking" boots. I was pleased that the wind could not cut thru and that I stayed rather warm. :)

Looks like I'll be ok as long as the ground doesn't freeze solid.

Thanks!

Awesome, I hunt until the ground freezes to, which is normally mid Jan through early March. I start with a Tshirt and then my military issue poly pro (insulated undergarments shirt and pants), then a sweatshirt, and then 2 hooded sweatshirts and if not enough, my rain coat. I also have a cap that I cut the top off and use it as a baklava which covers my neck up to just below my eyes. Keep my spare batteries in my inner hoody pocket to keep them warm. I invested in a pair of Muck boots a couple years ago, great for the cold and also muddy fields. If they're good enough for the local farmers they are good enough for me.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

I know how you feel...was very cold here in Massachusetts today! :BangHead: Fortunately, I listened to my detector and retired early. :laughing7:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a similar day today as well. How cold was it for you?
30 here in Milwaukee. My first "cold" weather hunt but i wasn't as suited up as you...
Was it the cold tweaking with my machine? Sounded a bit crazy at times.

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Good finds Whadi.

Found these in Dollarama (CDN store) and tried them the other night when it was 0C - -1C (32F-30F) and my feet were so nice and toasty warm I didn't notice the cold anywhere else. If you can find them, your feet will thank you.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510432835.023738.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its good that all parts are working even in the cold, and you've found ways to stay warm.

If you come up with a pocket size jack hammer let me know, i think the regular ground here is very crusty except where covered by leaves and stuff.

That is one sweet ride Fishy has, looks like he is going to have a grand time spending the token too.
Blingie is going for a nap maybe?

I haven't assembled the winter gear yet, not sure all body parts are going to cooperate. Today it is the left wrist, and i have no clue what i did to it. I should just invest in alot of duct tape....incase things start falling off.

Its good to see you are out and about collecting those lost items that need a warm place for the winter.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cold and wet today @ about 36 degrees. I may get out for a brief hunt before the sun goes down but, not likely. Glad your gear was appropriate and kept you warm enough to gather in some more goodies. A hearty soul you are braving the elements.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread