Not afraid of a little snow and ice

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Put in a lengthly kayak trip yesterday. The sun had melted most of the snow on the south facing banks of the drainage we hunted, the north faces were still snowed in pretty good. Like most working stiff's I don't have the luxury of waiting for great conditions, I hunt when I have time to hunt.

Took the 13 year old out, kayaked ~8 miles, unfortunately ice blocked us from hunting about 1/2 of what I wanted to hunt but we still did pretty good. Found a really nice hafted scraper, but with one ear broken. Maybe a Calf Creek, though it's a little far east for it's distribution. Then found a shallow side notched point. Has 2 different impact fractures both of which have been resharpened over. After that found a nice stemmed point, good blade, nice form, good condition. Most of what I find here is creek tumbled but this one is in a little better shape. Not sure on the type. Next found a maroon square stemmed point. Most of the square stemmed points around here are Etley, but this isn't. I think it's lightly older than Etley. Finally found an Etley blade (Wadlow) that is just over 5". It was in the water when I found it. Before picking it up I thought it might be a Paleo point but unfortunately that's not the case. Still really pleased to find it. First 5"+ find I've had in a long time.

Thanks for looking. I have video's of the boy picking most of these up but they're too large to load.

Attachments

• IMG_4753.JPG
    IMG_4753.JPG
    776.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4744.JPG
    IMG_4744.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4747.JPG
    IMG_4747.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4751.JPG
    IMG_4751.JPG
    696.1 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tear it up! Great finds any day.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds , I love the insitu pics good eye spotting them. 8 miles on a kayak is a good workout .... one of my better spots at my old house was 3.5 miles each way there was a few times when I had to fight the tide all the way back and when I finally did make it home I was exhausted. All I can say is I really love my John boat now lol

Edgychris

Jan 23, 2020
Pilgrim Rock
Detector(s) used
Please reccommend in private message
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thats courageous and fanatical. I plan on the kayak next spring. Awesome photos.

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
A for Effort!

Very nice. Can you identify the materials there. That reddish one is interesting.

The other side of the Etsy-ish Point would be appreciated.

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those points are pretty well camo'd in that creek material,bout the same colors. Good eye.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread