Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to go out for about a 2 hour hunt this evening, at an old abandoned farmhouse that I have permission to detect. It rained for the first 20 minutes, so that cut into my time. I have been hitting the front of the house with my small coil to get through the trash, but I have not had much luck. I am trying to dig up all the bottle caps hoping to clean up the area to get down to the good stuff. I finally got a good signal that was reading high on my display. I did the "let it be a quarter" talk to myself. I have found 5 silver dimes here so far, 1 Barber, 3 Mercury and 1 Rosie. So I dug a good size plug out about 4.5" down. I moved the loose dirt out of the bottom of the hole and saw the reeded edge but was more surprised to see Mr.Franklin looking back at me. This was the only keeper I dug up. I like the quality over the quanity hunts! :icon_thumright:

Day 7 Franklin Half (1).JPG Day 7 Franklin Half (2).JPG Day 7 Franklin Half (3).JPG

Day 7 Franklin Half (4).JPG Day 7 Franklin Half (5).JPG

Upvote 5

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions