NOT another CS buckle! But some good battlefield stuff in a short time . . .

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So i thought this was the month for CS buckles! Or at least a wheelbarrow full of relics like Jdug is digging. None of that for me, but the best 2 1/2 hours I've had in a long time. I've been hunting a Union camp (very short duration, no huts!) and not finding much. Just a sporadic hit here and there. This site has been "protected" but heavily poached from the '70s to last month (I know because I found the unfilled holes. Sigh)

On the advice of a friend, I quit hunting where I thought the relics should be, and started hunting close to the inhabited areas, on the theory that the poachers would be afraid to hunt close to houses for fear of getting caught. I plugged the machine in, took ONE STEP and dug a badly damaged Eagle Button. Another half step and I pulled out a Kepi buckle. Again, badly damaged, but I'd never found one. Then I found a super thin, silver disc. It was a foot deep, and shiny as new. badly worn coin? Not a clue. No more brass, but dug 13 3 ringers and a .69 cal. Hmmm. I think I'm getting warmer . . .

P4250010.JPG

Upvote 2

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Keep em coming.

Steve

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of nice lead there. :occasion14:. And a possible Spanish silver coin.. :dontknow: No CS buckle needed to make that a good hunt. Congrats! :thumbsup:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats an interesting old silver for sure - I found a slick silver (no details identifiable ) years ago in Santa Fe - I'm thinking a Spanish coin .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions