Not bad for 15 min of detecting

Dinkleman

Apr 12, 2016
Rochester ny
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, pro pointer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a few min to kill while my fiancé was in the Dr's so I grabbed my detector, as usual it always in the car, and detected around a building that had just been tore down. The building dated back pretty 1900. I found more copper pieces than I know what to do with. All the gutters and flashing and whatnot on the building was all copper. Then about a foot from the new sidewalk they just put in it found part of a copper dual wick oil lamp. I'll have to check the area some more when I have the time. I'll post a better picture when I clean it up
20160819_111250.jpg

Upvote 10

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had a few of those unresearched an unplanned hunts turn out surprisingly well. Good luck with it.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't toss the copper! It's worth a bit now, but will be going up again even more!

As for your pic, ....sorry, can't say what initially popped into mind when I first saw the pic. ...Think "cow" :laughing9:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah, nice. Clean that up, those turn-of-the-century lamps usually have patent dates stamped on them.

OP
OP
D

Dinkleman

Apr 12, 2016
Rochester ny
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, pro pointer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bunch of scrap copper. I save everything but the junk iron and tin. I've been to some old farms where you can dig a 1000lbs of scrap in a weekend just trying to clear the area to find the good stuff.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a few min to kill while my fiancé was in the Dr's so I grabbed my detector, as usual it always in the car, and detected around a building that had just been tore down. The building dated back pretty 1900. I found more copper pieces than I know what to do with. All the gutters and flashing and whatnot on the building was all copper. Then about a foot from the new sidewalk they just put in it found part of a copper dual wick oil lamp. I'll have to check the area some more when I have the time. I'll post a better picture when I clean it up
View attachment 1349565

Check for Patient date on the wick turner , I enjoy finding Oil Lamp Pieces.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bunch of scrap copper. I save everything but the junk iron and tin. I've been to some old farms where you can dig a 1000lbs of scrap in a weekend just trying to clear the area to find the good stuff.

Yep I save all the Metals also , I avg , $200-$300 a year in scrap ; Wire & pipe [copper] mostly , but scrap Iron brought $80 + dollars & that was a .4 cent a pound. Have not turned in Brass in 3 + years.
"Metal is Money"
Davers

OP
OP
D

Dinkleman

Apr 12, 2016
Rochester ny
Detector(s) used
Ace 350, pro pointer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far I have been able to i lift enough corrosion to read DUP and star on the wick adjuster. Still working on it

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OLE LANTERN BURNER . MAY HAVE A DATE ON THE KNOB TO TURN FLAME UP ...

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OLE OIL LANTERN BURNER , AND MAY HAVE A DATE ON THE KNOB FACE THAT TURNS THE FLAME UP ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread