Not bad for an hour. Oldest coin yet!

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snuck away from the jobsite this afternoon to the house we visited Sunday. Found some misc. trinkets and two wheats. First and last finds were the best. Front yard, near an old tree stump, found my second merc dime. Getting ready to leave, ran the coil over the base of a sycamore tree next to the garage, pinched in the base of the trunk I dug out this 1893 indian. Really made my day!
Up until that penny in the first picture, the newest coin found on this property was a 64 quarter my wife dug Sunday. Want to post a topic seeing if there is anyone in this area swinging an Etrac but don't know where to post it. Can someone tell me the proper catagory for that?
Thanks all

Attachments

• 5-25 finds.jpg
    5-25 finds.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 853
  • 1945 Dime.jpg
    1945 Dime.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 826
  • 1893 Penny.jpg
    1893 Penny.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 827
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wasn't that such a thrill.. god I love those feelings.. big time congrats to ya on the IH and of course the merc..

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, that spoked steering wheel looking thing at the top in the middle, do you know what that is? I found one just like it here in central va

OP
OP
O

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RJH02 said:
Nice finds, that spoked steering wheel looking thing at the top in the middle, do you know what that is? I found one just like it here in central va

Pretty sure it's a gear off a pocket watch.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RJH02 said:
IMO thats a gear out of a pocket watch. I found several in the same hole as deteriorated watch casings.

btw nice indian

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Pretty sure it's a gear off a pocket watch. RJH02

Yeah, I am pretty much sure of that too. Things like that haunt all old places like harmonica reeds ;D.
I wonder what the ornate thing to the right of it is.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice old keepers :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

OP
OP
O

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tuatara said:
I wonder what the ornate thing to the right of it is.

My wife says it's an escusion (sp??) off an old wall lamp fixture or other piece of furnishing. It's brass

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Congrats on finding your oldest coin, the IH really doesn't look bad.

Why would you want a Etrac, the minelab you have will do a fine job for you. I have the older version, the X-terra 70 and love it.

HH, Ringfinder

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
noticed you new, welcome to tnet. :hello:

OP
OP
O

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonehunting said:
noticed you new, welcome to tnet. :hello:
Yes I am, couldn't find an "introduction" topic so I just jumped in. Thank you for the welcome. Let me know if I'm doing anything wrong please.
ringfinder said:
Hey Congrats on finding your oldest coin, the IH really doesn't look bad.

Why would you want a Etrac, the minelab you have will do a fine job for you. I have the older version, the X-terra 70 and love it.

HH, Ringfinder
Well, we LOVE our 705's but I've always been a "show me" person and I'm curious as hell about the Etrac. I was hoping there was one in the Coeur d'Alene area who wanted to come and swing it over this yard with me to settle that curiosity. Other than one penny I haven't found a coin newer than 1964 there. I've never had a good find over around 7" (could be because I haven't swung over any) and I would like to compare the two to see how well and if the Etrac outperforms mine in yard hunting. I am pondering buying one if I like the results. Either way, I think the results would be useful information.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread