Not Colonial finds, but still an awesome day !!!

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
I decided to took a break from Colonial-era hunting today. So, I traded the farm fields for one of my favorite coin-shooting spots. Boy, am I glad I did. I got 10 coins all dated pre-1900. They include 4 seated dimes, an 1872 Canadian quarter, 2 Indian Heads, a 2-cent piece, a Shield nickel and a V-nickel. The icing on the cake was a beautiful gold cross. Also got a nice buckle.

Oh yeah, I'm loving my new 11" Pro coil :icon_sunny: !!!! This spot produced a whole bunch of Seated coins back in the '80s. But, it has really been slow the last several years. But, not today. I'd like to think the coil had something to do with that.

Not pictured is the pocket full of shotgun shells, pulltabs, and other junk. As good as the day was I really had to work for it all. Lots of digging in the almost 7 hours I was there...

Here is a pic. The cross is engraved with a flower pattern. The picture doesn't do it justice.

Thanks for looking,

Brian in MA

Attachments

• IMG_1447a.jpg
    IMG_1447a.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 659
Upvote 0

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
The coil, freeze/thaw cycles, and other environmental factors made the coins appear!

Congrats! That's a great day of detecting! :thumbsup:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You made some nice finds. Congradulations.....

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beetle662 said:
The coil, freeze/thaw cycles, and other environmental factors made the coins appear!

This is for sure!

So did the 11 inch coil make a difference on depth? Did you dig deeper targets than normal ..just wondering

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
Holy cow....that is just incredible to pull so many keeper coins out there. Thanks for sharing...I enjoyed it.

PA

Mar 18, 2009
hi brian in mass,

great finds. the colonial buckle is my favorite. go get more now. :thumbsup:

henry

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Wow!! :o :o

Killer finds, Brian!! I don't think you could have a better coin shooting day!! :thumbsup:

Major congrats!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Brain,

I look forward to meeting your next week... and dood...

HOLY-FREEKING-OMGAWD-DIGS!

I bet your still floating... I would be...

Grads... I'm happy for you...

Paul

OP
OP
Brian in MA

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Jazdo said:
beetle662 said:

This is for sure!

So did the 11 inch coil make a difference on depth? Did you dig deeper targets than normal ..just wondering

Some of the targets were deeper than the norm for this spot. I think the coil's ability to separate the targets really helped me. There is a lot of trash and iron at this spot. The beeps just seem to 'jump' out more with this coil than with the stock coil.

Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Nice shoe buckle Brian. Is the cross plated or solid?
Chris

The cross is not marked. But, it is most definitely solid gold. I wish I could take a better picture of it. It is really nice looking and I'm sure it's quite old as this spot did not see any activity after the late 1890's.

Thanks for all the replies and I look forward to getting back there soon !!!

Brian in MA

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
congrats! would like to see a more "intimate" photo of those seated ladies...
i love the pro coil, too. deep, and the separation is comparable to much smaller coils even in the deep iron.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!!!!!!!!

One thing about Mass, and the areas around it - there is lots of history there, and lots of great things to find.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread