Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried folks. Honestly, I tried! I went to a place where I knew there wouldn't be a lot of chance at
anything old. (Hoping for a ring).

I was trying to show that I am not some special hunter where a field can't be called hunted out
while I haven't had a chance at it. I do have "those" kind of days too! Honest!! ;)

Anyway, here's what I did get:

2014 (484).jpg
2014 (485).jpg

I was still playing with my new technique and it would seem that it's
still working somewhat.

Notice the position of the iron key ring? That's the way it was laying in the ground. I was
still able to "see" enough of what was behind it to dig. I must say, I am rather impressed.

2014 (486).jpg
2014 (487).jpg

Such tiny stuff!!!! A snowflake in June! Winter really IS tough!! ;)

2014 (489).jpg 2014 (488).jpg

I was on my way back to the car, (barump bump).

Seems I can't get off any field anymore without something old! LOL
If you can't read it, it says 1917. :)

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 8

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, the ATPro will do the dance of scratchy-solid tone on a key chain like that, I know from digging the same things! But, do dig! A 1917 Wheatie is a respectable find, congrats. Sub :occasion14:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, a 1917 is nothing to sneeze at. All I got today was clad. I was so bored I tumbled and rolled $89 in clad, lol. Now I am separating copper Memorials from zincolns:BangHead:

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I for one am still, in my mind, very new to the hobby. Pretty much anything I find that isn't "trash" gets me excited. I'm hoping I have the type of personality where that never changes. In a way I'm kind of glad I haven't hit some sort of mother load of silver coins, or a big gold coin. Well wait, on second thought both of those do sound really good to me. I love your 1917 wheat penny. I've found a small quantity but none very old. So still hoping to find an earlier one.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooh thats an early one! Nice digs!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one am still, in my mind, very new to the hobby. Pretty much anything I find that isn't "trash" gets me excited. I'm hoping I have the type of personality where that never changes. In a way I'm kind of glad I haven't hit some sort of mother load of silver coins, or a big gold coin. Well wait, on second thought both of those do sound really good to me. I love your 1917 wheat penny. I've found a small quantity but none very old. So still hoping to find an earlier one.

Oh my yes! I "treasure" ALL my lil finds. They're all a bit special to me. I just didn't want anyone to think that I thought I was "all that", if you know what I mean.

I have plenty of days without anything more than a bit of clad. But, I'd been talking about how I was going to "hunted out" sites and finding. It isn't because I'm any better hunter, maybe, just maybe a bit slower/thorough.

1 "decent" find makes my day. Doesn't matter if that's the only thing I find, that's all.

Thanks!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1 "decent" find makes my day. Doesn't matter if that's the only thing I find, that's all.

Thanks!

I read many of your posts and feel the same way as you. Last night for instance I found a 1952-D wheat penny and came home happy.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blingie & friend are really admiring that shiny snow flake!
Congrats on your older wheat, 1917 is awesome!
I was hoping for a ring today too, but got clad and... a wheat also! Weird! Mine is a 195..something. I have to clean it a bit to get the crud off. Happy none the less!

One of these years I will learn how to post pics! Lol!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blingie & friend are really admiring that shiny snow flake!
Congrats on your older wheat, 1917 is awesome!
I was hoping for a ring today too, but got clad and... a wheat also! Weird! Mine is a 195..something. I have to clean it a bit to get the crud off. Happy none the less!

One of these years I will learn how to post pics! Lol!

Hint!

INSERTPICS.JPEG

Why oh why won't you at least acknowledge the instructions I've been leaving ya!?! ;)
Reminds me of Blingie, he's hard headed too! LOL

Thanks!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread