damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi, I have been hunting a quite old house which was fought over by the british and the united states during 1812. I am concerned I am not getting enough depth to pull out the treasures that lay below. I have pulled out a civil war era looking fork but as for dating back that old, that's just about it. For coins I keep getting clad and 1 wheatie (a 1949). The house was also used as a trading post too so it has me thinking I am walking right over some sweet finds. The fork I pulled out was about 7-8 inches deep giving hard hits but that only because of its size. And the wheatie was approximately 3 inches. What are your thoughts?

edit: Was also in all metal

Last edited:
OP
OP
damiani1

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was in all metal too

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did someone hit the property before you? I think a house with that history might have been picked over, over the years.

OP
OP
damiani1

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hmmm, good point but I have pulled out quite a bit of stuff such as heavily baked 1980's cent's which were each like 3 inches deep. It is not too big of a lot I would say its 120 feet long by 20 feet.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have u done any bench testing? You should bury a few silver coins and see what depth your hitting, hopefully you can pick them up around 7 - 8 inches, if not, u are probably missing some targets out there.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bury some coins to test your max attainable depth...(I always do that when I get depth paranoid).

OP
OP
damiani1

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lol this is concerning me so much I think its time for a tesoro vaquero!

Did an air test on a 1961 canadian silver quarter and I got 5.5 inches to hear it :$
The soil of the 1812 place is dark black if that has any affect. But on that site I have yet to pull up a small coin sized target more than 4 inches >.>

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I have the U-Max and it goes deep where I am. You think the dark soil is heavily mineralized?

OP
OP
damiani1

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the U-Max and it goes deep where I am. You think the dark soil is heavily mineralized?

Nope lol

I know it goes deep on big objects, I could pick up my shovel at 12+ inches but I am concerned about little coins and buttons and all that cool stuff!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread